FIELD CREW MEMBER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Established in 2011, VersaPile Inc. has grown to be Manitoba and NW Ontario’s leading helical pile contractors and a top 3 piling contractor in the Province. Experiencing steady growth, our projects are becoming more weighted towards high capacity helical piles in the industrial, agricultural, commercial and utility sectors.
Field Crew Members are an important part of the VersaPile experience. They are friendly, and helpful while completing their work. They are good with customers and contractors. The Field Crew reports directly to the Installer and helps install helical piles. Field Crew Members provide a supporting role at installations, ensuring the installer receives the correct information to install helical piles to the highest standards, as well as operating support equipment at sites or physically assisting in pile installation.
The ideal candidate would be a self-motivator who enjoys both hands-on and machine construction work, is fond of working outdoors, likes a physical challenge, and can work best with a small team. VersaPile is always eager to help you learn and advance within the company, so there is always room for growth.
Basic Responsibilities and Duties
Field Crew Members do the following;
- Work 10 hrs days outside.
- Inspect the work vehicles and keep them organized and stocked for day's work.
- Load piles on trailers or trucks (must be in good physical condition).
- Assist in installing helical piles within a team environment. Provide installers with necessary measurements and information to maintain excellent quality control.
- Complete additional yard/shop duties when required
- Complete all required documentation for projects (recording reports, safety forms, etc.)
- Travel to any site location within Manitoba & North West Ontario (via company vehicle)
- Are eager to learn and grow in their responsibilities
- Any other tasks as directed by the Operations Manager/Assistant Manager
Qualifications and Skills
We require that our installers have the following;
- Current Class 5 MB License
- Goal of completing Class 3 MB License an asset
- Physically Fit, suited for repeatedly lifting items
- High School Education
- Landscape Machinery operation experience an asset (not required)
Pay, benefits & more
- Health spending account
- Overtime pay (when applicable)
- Per Diem (based on project location)
- 10hr shifts,
- Possibility for overtime
- Main shop based in Ile Des Chene
- Job sites range within Manitoba & NW Ontario
Please send your resume to James Cowan
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ile Des Chenes, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Construction: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person