Toting Notes Music first began connecting music students and music teachers in 2019. Our aim is to connect students of all ages with the most passionate teachers who suit them best.
We want students and teachers to enjoy working together to learn and achieve goals. Whether it's earning RCM level certifications or learning an instrument, Toting Notes makes it easy, accessible and fun!
Students of all ages and skill levels are invited to join us, at home or online. From introductions to music to mastery of instruments, Toting Notes has a teacher for you or your child!
All applicants must be able to:
- Foster an engaging and entertaining learning environment for students;
- Motivate and encourage students to participate in lessons and practice between lessons;
- Ability to travel to in-home lessons;
- Tailor lessons and teaching styles to students' individual needs;
- Formulate lesson plans most effective for students to meet goals;
- Communicate with students and parents about what music exercises, practices, pieces and studies are best suited to developing skills;
- Report on students' progress to parents and management;
- Demonstrate responsibility, initiative and punctuality formulating lesson plans and attending classes;
- Be professional and friendly.
Qualifications and skills:
- Currently enrolled in a program or completed a program in music in a recognized college/university;
- 1+ years of experience teaching music is an asset;
- Level 9+ in RCM certifications is recommended;
- Ability to travel by car is an asset;
- Ability to use team collaboration software such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Skype.
Online teaching abilities:
- Access to hardware and software that facilitates two-way interaction between teacher and student;
- Access to a dedicated space that allows for you and your instrument to be clearly visible during lessons;
- Ability to annotate sheet music using screen sharing or software.
Industry: Education and Schools
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 0.5-20 per week
Salary: $25.00-$40.00 per hour
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Toting Notes wants teachers and students to be comfortable and safe. In-home music teachers are required to follow government guidelines and accommodate the needs of each household.
Work Location: In person