At Nahanni we are cold weather and remote location construction experts. Our clients benefit from our ability to provide all-inclusive construction services and project management. These services help us deliver turnkey operations and logistical services for all of your remediation, industrial and commercial construction needs. All of our work is safety focused and quality oriented, and with over 30 years construction experience in the North we have the staff, equipment, and skills to get the job done right.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Nahanni Construction Ltd. is hiring drywallers for Yellowknife, NT.
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets;
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wood studs or joists
- Participate in daily toolbox talks;
- Participate in weekly safety meetings;
- Advise supervision of unsafe conditions or acts that may be a hazard or danger to oneself and other workers;
- Report all incidents/accidents including “near misses”
- Ability to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- Ability to learn quickly and keep up with tight schedule
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Able to complete physically demanding work with significant periods of standing and kneeling.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- 12 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person