Join the Northwood Team!
Northwood’s long term care team is currently accepting applications for Personal Care Workers (PCW) to join our Halifax team.
Reporting to the RN Clinical Leader, the PCW is responsible for providing service to residents through the individual care plan developed in collaboration with the RN Clinical Leader and interdisciplinary team members. The PCW performs the following tasks:
- Performs light housekeeping duties (e.g. tidy room, clean closets, hang clothing)
- Provides personal care (e.g., bathing, dressing grooming)
- Assists residents with meals and between-meal refreshments
- Engages residents/families in leisure/recreational activities in the unit
- Facilitates resident/family participation in recreation programs
- Provides opportunities for residents/families to interact in their respective environments
- Practices safe client handling
- Safely transfer/ mobilizes residents which may include utilizing assistive devices
- Performs other related tasks as required
- A graduate of an approved PCW/ CCA program with NS provincial certification. Nova Scotia CCA Provincial Exam, or CCA Equivalency; or,
- Students currently enrolled in LPN or RN programs
- PSWs, Health Care Aides, or other applicable course
- An Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) who is registered with the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) or the College of Nurses Ontario (CNO) actively pursuing a license as an LPN or RN or registration with the CCA Program pursuing CCA Certification. Northwood has dedicated resources who can provide information on the above processes.
- Individuals who are currently registered with the PLAR program with NSHA
- Current Standard First-Aid and CPR required
- Previous related experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and clinical skills
- Able to work flexible hours and shifts including weekends and holidays
- Able to maintain regular and consistent attendance
Hours/Shifts: Various positions (8 & 12-hour shifts) Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Holidays
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please click APPLY!
Northwood is proud to be an inclusive employer that encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Salary: $19.21-$23.62 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- personal care: 2 years (required)
- CPR and First Aid Certification (required)
Work Location: In person