*Developing public policy and programming to enable the low carbon future*
This newly created position will lead the Company’s work in aligning public policy, codes, regulations and programs with our framework for achieving and sustaining high levels of energy efficiency and decarbonization in commercial, institutional and multi-residential buildings. Enerlife is seeking a candidate with a strong understanding of the workings of government and regulations combined with knowledge and willingness to learn about commercial building sectors and a passion for building towards the sustainable future. The right individual possesses the curiosity and ingenuity to join our ongoing exploration of market influence and leverage to enable the low carbon energy transition. The ideal candidate is equally comfortable liaising with building owners, managers and allies, leading focused research, writing evidence and interrogatories, taking part in regulatory hearings and advocating for change. This role works closely with Enerlife’s principals and communicates with the rest of the organization on policy and regulatory issues.
Enerlife offers a flexible hybrid work policy, working in the office, from home and in third-party locations according to the needs of the individual employee and the work being performed. There is typically communication on a daily basis using Microsoft Teams or Zoom along with some office time and a requirement to visit people and organizations in-person on occasion in Ontario and across Canada and North America.
- Lead the representation of commercial building owners and associations (BOMA) with the Ontario Government, Ontario Energy Board and the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO).
- Engage with other major owners and associations to broaden representation.
- Advocate for energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions reductions in commercial, institutional and multi-residential buildings.
- Write position papers, briefing documents, evidence, interrogatories, applications and proposals.
- Participate in meetings, hearings, conferences and other events.
- Conduct regulatory and program landscape reviews across North America to identify supportive jurisdictions and intervention opportunities.
- Represent Enerlife’s work and methodology to governments, regulators and utilities.
- Build a network of supportive individuals and organizations.
- Support Enerlife staff in training and career growth.
- 10 or more years of progressive experience in in policy research, policy development, analysis, or related experience in the energy and/or buildings sector.
- Post-secondary degree, with advanced degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of energy efficiency and/or commercial buildings sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, prioritization, problem solving and time management skills
- Discipline and organization in developing and managing information profiles.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization, lead teams, get things done and produce deliverables on time.
- Exceptional Microsoft office suite skills include MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Network of contacts within government, regulators and building owners in Ontario, Canada and North America.
- Knowledge of relevant energy and commercial building regulations, codes, standards and programs.
- Comfort with public speaking, including presenting content at webinars, workshops and conferences.
- Highly organized with demonstrated workload management and priority-setting skills.
Enerlife Consulting Inc is a dynamic, growing Canadian-owned management consulting firm working at the leading edge of green building performance. Our clients are major building owners and managers, governments, utility companies and industry associations. We manage energy and environmental performance for hundreds of buildings across Canada, and are responsible for a growing number of buildings which are among the most energy efficient in North America. Based in Toronto, Ontario, Enerlife’s business operations and reputation extend across Canada and into the United States and the UK. Visit us at www.enerlife.com .
Job Type: Full-time