Why work for Lafarge?:
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we’re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
La version française de cette offre d'emploi est disponible: Version française - cliquez ici
The Production Analyst participates in the development, leadership and management of the SAP based operational functions and performance for the St-Constant cement plant. The analyst works closely with the operations team to ensure the highest levels of environmental and safety compliance while leveraging production excellence to create superior products & services based on the highest productivity at the lowest cost of production.
Primary responsibility is to champion the data integrity to ensure an efficient flow of production data through the SAP system to provide uninterrupted supply of product through the system processes. The Production Analyst will be responsible for individual plant and production performance reporting, i.e. running equipment efficiency, uptime, downtime, capex and trend analysis. The incumbent will be seen as an “SAP Super User” and “Data Gatekeeper” who will oversee and assist with the administrative workflow, material creation and management of inventory continuities.
- Promote safety culture through engagement with employees, JHSC and subcontractors, implementation and management of local and regional initiatives with an objective of “zero” safety incidents.
- Administer, promote and review safety policies, processes and procedures to maintain relevance while ensuring the site meets or exceeds all Lafarge and Regulatory guidelines.
- Has ownership of the implementation and management of all local and regional safety initiatives, providing feedback as necessary
- Works closely with the plant management team and clerks to develop analytical and technical skills to improve inventory and production forecasting and management
- Assist the plant management team in verifying production by product, maintaining accurate cost and controlling inventory.
- Validate and match physical inventories, calculate and analyze all productivity and material data.
- Control and update production diaries for the sites on a daily basis.
- Control the arrival of raw materials and fuels.
- Matches the inventories with the bill of landing and ensures inventory maintenance in SAP.
- Support proper procurement of materials ensuring timely delivery and accuracy of requisitions
- Ensures systems are in place to effectively and accurately monitor key consumption variable such as labour, energy and fuel.
- Analyses results to identify opportunities and concerns.
- Provide consistent and effective reports for operations management.
- Manage production forecast to balance inventories and sales needs to manage working capital impact.
- When discrepancies arise, the Production Analyst works with plant management to close the gaps and make necessary system changes.
- As required support supply chain with balancing inventory and sales needs to manage and minimize working capital impact
- Support monthly inventory reconciliation to ensure adequate inventory levels to meet demand and assist the logistics, shipping and quality departments to drive loading and product performance.
Relationships with Others:
Collaborated with the Production Coordinator
Works closely with the Production Manager and Finance Manager
- Works closely with other plant staff, quality and area safety staff
Promotes safety culture
Ensure daily production and inventory data is up to date in all reports and systems
Support operational functions and performance for the area
Provide key operational data and analysis
Ensure best practices are implemented, utilized and supported
Assist with production planning and operations.
- Plant annual capacity: 1,000,000mt
Annual budget: 0$
Staff reports: 0
Hourly direct reports: 0
Hourly indirect reports: 0
Post-secondary Degree in Engineering or Business or the equivalent of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
Excellent organizational and planning skills, process-oriented
Strong analytical skills, research, problem solving and decision making
Proficiency with various computer applications is a definite asset
Good written and verbal communications in both official languages
- Good time management, self-directed, uses time wisely, can attend to a broad range of activities
Job-Specific Competency Profile:
Dealing with ambiguity
Drive for results
Dealing with Paradox
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.