Interoperability Design/Sprint/Deployment PM
Total Systems Solutions Consulting Inc. https://totalsystems.ca is seeking a Interoperability Design/Sprint/Deployment PM Project Manager to work for our public sector at the Provincial Health Services Authority in the Province of British Columbia. You must be available 100% to work remote full-time 40 hours per week with availability Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm in the Pacific Time Zone.
The consultant is expected to start as soon as possible and the contract length is 2 years.
Fraser Health is one of six health authorities in British Columbia. It provides clinical and community services across the care continuum to over 1.8 million people from Burnaby to Boston Bar and is the fastest growing health region in British Columbia. Fraser Health is responsible for a wide range of services including:
- 12 acute care hospitals (total 2,500 beds)
- outpatient care and day surgery center
- urgent care facilities
- over 7,760 long-term care beds
- mental health care & services
- public health services
- home health services
- community care services
With over 26,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and more than 6,000 volunteers who provide our services and support our patients, residents and clients, Fraser Health is continuously improving the way we deliver care. In support of its goals for better health, better care, improved patient experience and lower costs, Fraser Health will modernize a core clinical information system.
Today, Fraser Health runs a single database of MEDITECH Client/Server 5.67 across 11 acute care sites and one outpatient and day surgery center. As part of the Advance program, Fraser Health recently implemented MEDITECH Expanse at Eagle Ridge Hospital (ERH). The implementation strategy for MEDITECH Expanse will focus on implementing current functionality, as well as, advanced clinical system capabilities across all acute sites and the out-patient and surgical day center. The advanced clinical systems will include full nursing and allied electronic documentation, physician documentation, closed loop medication management and computerized clinician order entry.
Currently, the project is at the build and design phase and is looking for project management support around key areas as outlined in section 6 of this SoW.
The “Advance Program” is looking for a project manager for the Interoperability Domain, with key deliverables and activities outlined below:
Support activities as defined by the Interoperability Domain , that includes but not limited to the following:
- Create and maintain project plans
- Day-to-Day management of sprint cycles
- Attend workflow development sessions
- Manage the development of system workflows for multiple systems
- Manage the development of requirements, workflow, solution designs, and testing activities,
- Obtain sign off and approval on all project artifacts as requested
- Create risks and issues in program log
- Coordinate the development of cutover artifacts
- Contribute to project to operations transition artifacts
- Provide weekly status reports
Knowledge Transition – Mandatory
While Fraser Health is looking for service providers in this phase, the overarching guiding principle and goals of the “Advance program” is to manage the implementation with internal FHA resources given the long-term nature of the project. With this in mind, a key expectation is the effective transition of knowledge throughout the course of the contract by the professional services firm to internal FHA resources.
Currently, the project governance has been activated for over 12 months. With this in mind, the resources are EXPECTED to work within the established governance and reporting structure – without any exception.
Escalation of project’s risks and issues will be raised appropriately through the established governance without exception (i.e., follow the PMO processes). Any deviation with impact to project schedule, scope and activities will be subject to review and possible termination of the contract at the sole discretion of FHA.
There are multiple vendors working across the works streams and the expectation is for all the teams to be working collaboratively on behalf of FHA Advance Program to progress and ensure the successful implementation of M-Expanse across ERH and RCH.
Deliverables to be confirmed and completed within the engagement timelines
- Health care experience preferred
- Experience working at Fraser Health
- Experience with leading software development teams
- Experience working on large health care integration initiatives/projects
- Experience working with provincial registries (EMPI)
- Experience working with HL7, FHIR, APIs, etc.
- Experience with Integration Platform such as MS Biztalk
- Experience working with Meditech preferred
- Experience of 10+ years
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, including clinical users, provincial partners, vendors, etc.
- Experience in navigating change in a clinical environment
- PMP certification required
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 24 months
Salary: Up to $120.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Project Management: 10 years (required)
- working at Fraser Health: 1 year (preferred)
- leading software development teams: 5 years (preferred)
- provincial registries (EMPI): 2 years (preferred)
- Meditech preferred: 1 year (preferred)
- working with HL7, FHIR, APIs: 1 year (preferred)
- Integration Platform such as MS Biztalk: 1 year (preferred)
- PMP Certificate (required)
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-07-04
Expected start date: 2023-07-17