Order Management Specialist
We are KIK!
We create the products and brands that people trust to clean, sanitize, and protect their homes, pools, and cars. We are one of North America’s largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. We also operate globally in Europe, Asia, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. We are known by our portfolio of over 40 brands including Spic and Span® and Comet® cleaning products, Clorox® Pool&Spa™ (under license), BioGuard®, and Natural Chemistry® pool chemicals, and Prestone® and Holts® automotive performance chemicals. We are also the #1 producer in North America for store-brand (“private label”) bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products.
Our global team of over 2,500 employees drive our capabilities in product development, product formulation, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, packaging design, brand marketing, project management, quality assurance, compliance, distribution, and logistics.
Our organization is constantly evolving and is driven by a set of “One KIK” values – a dedication to following through on commitments in a customer-focused, profit-motivated way; while never compromising on safety, ethics, or integrity.
Essential Job Functions
- Order management for a set of customers or division of a customer
- Maintaining Customer Service Levels at 98% or higher
- Expedites plant input into any customer reports, ensure content consistency
- Monitors deployment instructions from the customer to ensure prompt shipment. Trouble shoots barriers to shipments
- Provides updated pricing to the customer at intervals compliant with our contractual obligation and ensure there are no payment issues
- First stop for Accounts Receivable issue resolution for price discrepancy for Short Payments, etc
- Ensure that customer Purchase Orders received are compliant for price agreement, quantity agreement and terms and conditions
- Work closely with Customers/Buyers to ensure account is managed at a high level
- Faxed/Email Orders – manual entry
- EDI Integrated orders to be maintained and to be troubleshooted on a daily basis (e.g integration errors, downloading issues with dates, SKU’s, UPC codes, ordering pattern, duplicate PO's, Ship Via, descriptions, etc.)
- Daily issues inclusive but not limited to PO discrepancies, refused loads, crediting of invoices, item/customer master issues, customer issues, etc.
- Liaise between various departments, including Transportation, PMO, AR/AP, Supply Chain, Warehouse Shipping Managers and Sales.
- Identify correct Bill to and Ship to, shipping via, plant location, item numbers, price, applicable charges, and add comments
- Enters manual orders at an accuracy of 98% & above
- Prioritizes daily orders in order of importance and shipment dates to ensure adequate lead time
- Fax/Email confirmations to customers within 24 hours of receipt
- Enters and revises transshipments. Communicates receipt and provides the Sales & PO # to appropriate plan
- Manage and update Account Summary Sheets for assigned Accounts
- Troubleshoot orders - working with Customers to correct PO's e.g., incorrect price, incorrect quantity, underweight, etc.
- Monitor SKU's/promo quantities. Alerting certain groups within the company in advance to avoid shortages and pushes
- Problem solving - daily interaction with all plants - rushes, shortages, substitutions
- Checkpoint Report - Identify the daily standing of the order whether it is cleared or requires investigation.
- Late Shipment Report - Research PO's that are late, communication is essential with all departments especially with Transport to monitor the Customer PO’s delivery
- Handle assigned customers’ orders by deleting, revising quantities and entering shipping instructions, along with PO and customer maintenance
- Must be knowledgeable with the process of customer’s purchase orders through to receipt of payment, to manage and resolve issues simultaneously
- Flexibility and availability are a must
- All other duties as assigned
The above statement describes the general nature and level off work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- Manufacturing Industry experience is required
- Minimum of High School Diploma / GED, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Advanced Excel skills and MS Word
- JD Edwards and EDI Integration considered an asset. Other ERP/MRP system experience acceptable
- Plant Capability knowledge and Customer Knowledge (people and process)
- Driven, empathetic, decisive, diplomatic, with sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and Customer Service skills
- Accuracy and expediency are a must
- Multi-tasking, problem solving and high attention to detail.
- Analytical skills, dependability, adaptability, and initiative are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Consumer Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. KIK does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, age, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, status in uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.