If you are looking to progress your career, look no further than Baker Tilly WM.
Baker Tilly WM LLP is a leading midsize accounting and advisory Firm based in Vancouver and Toronto. We provide value-added audit, tax and advisory solutions that support local businesses. We offer a full complement of professional services across every major industry sector, serving a broad range of clients, including large, publicly traded companies, emerging businesses, and owner-managed businesses.
Outside our two offices, we also draw on the specialty services provided by partners from across the Baker Tilly Canada network and globally through our affiliation with Baker Tilly International.
At Baker Tilly WM, we foster a meaningful career and the opportunity to influence tomorrow for your clients, your profession, and your community. Our professionals are encouraged to Be True to their values and ambitions, alongside our shared commitment to building great relationships, great conversations, and great futures.
For an inside look of what Baker Tilly WM LLP is all about, follow our Instagram account @BakerTillyWM!
Baker Tilly WM LLP is currently looking for a Talent Acquisition Coordinator to join our Human Resources Team! This role will be an integral part of the Firm, supporting our Human Resources Team and working closely with our Senior Talent Attraction Specialist to drive all campus recruitment related activities across our offices in British Columbia and Ontario. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator will also support the HR department with administrative duties.
This role is ideally suited for an emerging Human Resources professional who is bright, energetic, personable, and looking to build their experience in the exciting area of talent attraction. A high level of professionalism, a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude, strong oral and written communication skills, and excellent attention to detail are essential for this position. This is an opportunity to work closely within a tight-knit team and gain exposure in a fast-paced office environment.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead Vancouver and Toronto Campus Recruitment
- Organize events, info sessions, and manage campus relationships
- Handle sponsorships, scholarships, and CPA Firm representation
- Manage resumes, interviews, and offer letters
- Coordinate recruitment events
- Support general recruitment and administration
- Post job listings, source candidates, and conduct interviews
- Handle documentation, background checks, and employment references
- Create recruitment content for social media
- Facilitate onboarding and new staff setup
- Organize orientation and ensure paperwork completion
- Assume CPA Program Manager role which includes keeping the CPA student list up to date, validation of verification of experience reports as requested by the Program Leader, CPA mentor assignment, follow up with CPA students who are not in compliance and other duties as required
- Oversee student module registrations, tracking results, and practical experience tracking
- Organize CFE leave logistics, mentorship, events, etc.
- Plan new hire socials and lunches
- Other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- 1-2 years experience in Human Resources and/or Administrative roles with demonstrated experience in recruitment and talent attraction is considered an asset (specifically campus recruitment)
- Public practice experience is an asset
- Previous experience using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) or HR Information System (HRIS) is an asset
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail and prioritizing skills, as well as the ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Self-motivated and a strong work ethic with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a diversity of people in a calm, courteous, and effective manner
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability in MS Office programs and experience working with calendar management tools is a must (e.g., Outlook)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package including extended health care, dental, and group life insurance benefits
- A comprehensive and flexible health and wellness reimbursement program
- Vacation (3+ weeks/year)
- Paid overtime
- Hybrid work environment
- Opportunities for growth
- A supportive management team
- An open-door culture promoting interaction with all staff levels, including partners
- A fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast foods, healthy snacks, and treats during tax season, plus coffee, tea, and drinks throughout the year
- Overtime meal and parking reimbursements
- A smart casual dress code (client/day specific)
- Client referral, employee referral, and vehicle purchase incentives
- Many entertaining social events throughout the year
Location: Vancouver, BC
Note: Baker Tilly WM LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, parental status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other non-merit factors. Baker Tilly WM LLP is dedicated to fostering, supporting and celebrating a diverse workplace. Accommodation is available to all applicants upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process. Please contact us at [email protected] if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their accessibility needs.
Baker Tilly WM LLP is a member of Baker Tilly Canada Cooperative, which is a member of the global network of Baker Tilly International Limited. All members of Baker Tilly Canada Cooperative and Baker Tilly International Limited are separate and independent legal entities.