Position Title: Regional Operations / Regional Performance Manager (RPM)
Reports To: Vice President, Operational Excellence & Technology
Leadership Role with Direct Reports: Yes
Who We Are: Simplicity Car Care is one of Canada’s fastest-growing automotive franchise networks with 90 collision centers across the nation. Our vision is to make car care simple and affordable for every vehicle owner in the world. Simplicity Car Care strives to make a positive and profound impact within the automotive collision industry.
We are passionate about creating a better quality-of-life for our franchise partners, and we are equally passionate about providing a best-in-class experience for our customers.
The Regional Performance Manager (RPM), reporting to the Vice President, Operational Excellence & Technology, is a critical part of Simplicity Car Care’s success. They represent Simplicity’s brand and values, support the franchisees and shop performance, deliver on the annual Operations business plan and goals, strengthen insurance partnerships via Performance-Based Agreements (PBA), and ultimately drive our Net Promoter Score (NPS).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Eastern Ontario (Ottawa Region). The successful candidate must be situated within Eastern Ontario with the expectation of working-from-home as well as travelling to and from shops. Compensation includes a base salary as well as a performance-based bonus.
The RPM oversees the Franchise Conversion Specialist (FCS) and is also responsible for all ongoing training post the conversion and the performance of the collision centres in their region. The RPM is responsible for Performance Management, the Claims Management, their portfolios ongoing training, and the execution of cost reduction strategies within their portfolio of shops.
The RPM is required to travel throughout Eastern Ontario and have an ability to travel 50% of the time. The RPM must have access to a reliable automobile and a valid ‘G’ Class Driver’s license and clean driving abstract. Allowance will be provided and expenses will be reimbursed to cover travel.
- Overseeing and mentor Franchise Conversion Specialist (FCS) as it relates to onboarding new shops and maintaining operational excellence
- Training and certifying shops around Simplicity standards, best-practices, and insurer Performance-Based Agreements (PBAs)
- Driving further performance, efficiency, and continuous improvement within shops through Gross Profit Improvement (GPI), performance improvement plans, training, and corporate programs
- Strengthen relationships with our franchisees by regularly engaging and advising them on Simplicity goals, their business plans, and opportunities to advance shop performance
- Auditing and ensuring shops are compliant to the Franchise Evaluation Report (FER), health & safety, preferred vendor adoption, and regulatory requirements e.g. provincial labor and environmental legislation
- Manage supply chain and vendor partners on behalf of Simplicity Car Care, inclusive of Estimatic firms, Paint Manufacturers and Distributors, Parts Vendors (OE/APU), and rental car partners
- Assisting Simplicity and shops with recruiting, identifying, and develop talent
- Managing and de-escalating insurance, client, and franchisee complaints
- Additional duties as required in ensuring Simplicity’s and shops’ operations
- This role requires travel throughout Eastern Ontario – with up to 50% travel
- Auto collision industry experience (min 3+ years) at both a field and corporate/headquarters level
- Relevant training in collision repair, business, or operations (e.g. I-Car, James Maxwell leadership series, BComm or diplomma, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt)
- 5 to 7 years of progressively more responsible management experience
- Prior experience as a collision center general manager or shop owner—overseeing and developing techs painters, or other staff is an asset
- Working knowledge of Summit or BodyShop Connect, Mitchell Repair Center, Autadex, Progi is an asset
- Experience onboarding new shops, process, and/or tools. Project management certification is an asset
- Valid ‘G’ Class Driver’s license and clean driving abstract
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Simplicity Car Care is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and focus our efforts in ensuring our clients do the same. As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, those who identify as Black, Indigenous or persons of color, members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community and others.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $105,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you fluent in both spoken and written French (i.e. bilingual)?
- Auto estimating: 1 year (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Remote