DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Come join the largest supplier of automation and reliability solutions in our region. Discover what we can offer you and be the voice that cultivates innovative ideas To Help Industry Thrive in Eastern Canada.
SOUNDS EXCITING? JOIN US
The Director of Operations will play a crucial role in helping the organization achieve its purpose To Help Industry Thrive in Eastern Canada. Being a member of Laurentide’s Senior Leadership Team, their focus will be to turn and maintain our operations and technologies into a core differentiator of Laurentide while striving to be world class.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the operations function in alignment with the organization's overall goals and objectives.
- Establish operational processes and procedures to ensure consistent delivery of products and services.
- Analyze operational data to identify areas for improvement and develop action plans to address them.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization, ensuring high quality, efficient and effective management of inventory, delivery of products and services.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Identify opportunities to streamline operations, improve quality, and increase efficiency.
Leadership and People Management
- Provide leadership to the operations team (Business Enablement, Quality, IT, Warehousing, Logistics, and Distribution), setting clear expectations and ensuring accountability for results.
- Develop and implement training programs to enhance the skills and knowledge of the operations team.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and collaboration within the operations function.
- Developing and managing the operations budget, ensuring that financial resources are allocated effectively and efficiently.
- Forecasting and estimating the financial requirements of the operations function.
- Allocating resources to various areas of the operations function.
- Monitoring actual expenditure against the budgeted amounts to identify any areas of overspending or under-spending.
- Identifying opportunities for cost savings and taking corrective actions to optimize resource allocation.
- Developing and implementing financial controls to minimize risk and ensure compliance with financial regulations. Ensuring that financial controls are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure their effectiveness.
- Participating in risk assessments and implementing appropriate risk management measures.
- Managing and optimizing the use of technology and information systems to improve financial efficiencies, reduce costs, and enhance customer experiences.
Continuous Improvement and Operational LEAN Culture
- Drive the development and implementation of a continuous improvement culture across the organization, utilizing methodologies such as LEAN to drive efficiencies, increase quality, and optimize processes.
- Develop and implement programs and initiatives to support operational excellence, including process improvement, waste reduction, and value stream mapping.
- Promote a culture of problem-solving and data-driven decision-making to drive continuous improvement.
Information Systems and Technologies
- Develop and implement an information systems and technology strategy that supports the operations function and the entire organization. Work closely with senior leadership and other stakeholders to identify and understand the organization's strategic goals and objectives.
- Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and trends to determine their potential impact on the organization's operations function. Collaborate with other departments to identify areas of technology integration and develop plans to implement them.
- Manage and optimize the use of technology and information systems to improve operational efficiencies, reduce costs, and enhance customer experiences. Oversee the development and implementation of technology solutions that support the operations function, including enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, warehouse management systems, and transportation management systems.
- Leverage data analytics to identify areas for improvement and optimize performance.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance customer experiences through the use of technology.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure the security and reliability of information systems and technologies, including data backup and recovery procedures, disaster recovery plans, redundancy, and failover plans.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations related to information systems and technologies, including data privacy and cybersecurity laws.
- Work closely with IT teams and vendors to ensure the smooth operation and maintenance of information systems and technologies.
Warehousing and Distribution Management
- Develop and implement a warehousing and distribution strategy that supports the operations function and the organization as a whole.
- Oversee the management of inventory, ensuring that stock levels are optimal to meet customer demand.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective storage, handling, and movement of products.
- Oversee the management of distribution channels, ensuring that products are delivered to customers on time and in the most cost-effective manner.
Health and Safety Management
- Contribute in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations and standards.
- Participate in risk assessments and implement appropriate risk management measures.
- Participate in developing and implementing training programs to enhance health and safety awareness and skills.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies. Regularly communicate with key stakeholders to understand their needs and concerns.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that the operations function is meeting the needs of internal stakeholders to achieve our purpose. Develop and implement strategies, practices, policies and procedures to ensure that the operations function is responsive to the needs of external stakeholders, such as customers and suppliers.
- Monitor stakeholder feedback and use it to drive continuous improvement in the operations function. Ensure that the organization is meeting its commitments to stakeholders and delivering on its promises.
- Represent the organization in meetings and negotiations with external stakeholders, such as customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies. Work to resolve any conflicts or issues that may arise during negotiations. Ensure that the organization is complying with all relevant regulations and guidelines. Build and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders to facilitate effective communication and collaboration.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or a related field; MBA is an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in operations management, with experience in a senior leadership role.
- Fully bilingual (written and spoken), English and French.
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills, with a track record of developing and implementing successful operational strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in driving continuous improvement and LEAN culture across an organization. LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt an asset.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and lead teams to achieve goals.
- Experience in managing information systems and technologies to support operational efficiencies.
- Knowledge of warehousing and distribution management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of quality and occupational health and safety standards (ie: ISO 9001, ISO 45001).
- Understanding of the strategic impact of information systems and technologies.
- Strong financial acumen and experience in managing budgets and financial resources.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
WORK LOCATION: Kirkland, QC
Laurentide’s purpose is To Help Industry Thrive in Eastern Canada. More than words, our values compel us to think differently, to act with integrity and to shape our future according to them. It is through Customer Centricity, Collaboration, People Matter, Hunger & Passion, Health, Safety & Environment and lastly Trust & Reliability that we: Empower People. Advance Industry.