Since 1989 TFT has partnered with manufacturers as a seamless extension of their operation. This has allowed our clients to grow with minimal risk while maintaining the highest of standards.
Ask our customers what they like about TFT Global and chances are they will talk about our commitment to our core values of reputation, people, and growth.
We are strategically located across North America, aligned with flexible resources, and equipped with innovative technology to bring you the ultimate in supply-chain efficiency.
Join the TFT Team! Good Life Begins With A Good Company. Our Oshawa location has vacancy on the following shifts:
· Grade 12 or equivalent.
· Recognized Millwright license (443A).
· No criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
· Pass company medical.
· Intermediate computer skills an asset.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to prioritize tasks
· Ability to develop maintenance plan.
· Strong supervisory/ leadership skills
· Excellent knowledge of machinery and related systems
· Certified in Forklift, Aerial, Scissor Lift and Over head crane operations.
· OHS Awareness training.
· Current training, knowledge, and ability to use welders, saws, and torches.
· Oversees worked assigned to maintenance staff.
· Directs maintenance staff and assigns work priorities.
· Deals with minor discipline issues. Large issues forwarded to Supervisor.
· Assist in planning and training and orientation of new hires.
· Works with maintenance supervisor to plan and prioritize work.
· Maintain PM software records and issue/close work orders.
· Maintain, repair and trouble shoot all machinery, equipment.
· Track and report out maintenance performance metrics.
· Produce quality parts on time for the company’s customer(s).
· Follow all Standard Operating Instructions (SOI’S) as directed.
· Understanding of ergonomics as it relates to setup and work cell flow.
· Understand the requirements of the Company’s General Rules and Regulations.
· Participate in safe work environment for fellow members.
· Forward suggestions for continuous improvement.
· Understanding of 5S.
· Report all accidents / incidents and near misses.
· Report all activities against company policy and procedures.
· Other relevant duties.
· Set up and operate welding equipment including arc, MIG, TIG, plasma and gas.
· Complete preventative maintenance as required on machinery/equipment, Robotic Cells.
· Troubleshoot and repair machinery/equipment and Robotic Cells as needed.
· Tooling fabrication for fixtures or welding cells to replace broken or worn tooling.
· Hoist Repair and diagnostics.
· Delegate of work assignments based on team member skills.
· Ensure maintenance work is completed safely, effectively and in a timely manner
· Trouble shoot hydraulic and pneumatic issues and provide fix.
· PM work on all lifting devices.
· Complete maintenance repair tags, CIFs as required.
· Be self-motivated, a team player and a fast learner.
· Be able to work with minimal supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person