We are looking for great candidates to join our Firehouse Subs team in Newmarket!
47 Harry Walker Pky S
Founded in 1994 by former firefighting brothers Chris and Robin Sorensen, Firehouse Subs specializes in steamin’ hot, large portion subs. Our restaurant offers a family-oriented dining atmosphere, complete with an authentic firefighter theme that celebrates local firefighting history, as well as the founding family’s decades of firefighting service. Firehouse Subs is committed to saving lives through the establishment of the non-profit Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation®.
Our Team Members are critical to the daily success of the restaurant. Part of our mission is to serve hearty and flavourful food, and it has to be done right! As a restaurant team member, you are on the front lines of our operation, and standards must be met to ensure we execute on our mission and provide our guests with the very best service.
You would be a great fit at Firehouse Subs if you have:
- Previous experience in a customer service role is an asset
- Strong communication
- Friendly, smile, and approach the job with a positive attitude.
- Great teamwork skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Reliability and ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to adhere to policies/procedures
- Maintain cleanliness and stock levels of production line
- Sandwich/Salad preparation (portion meat & cheese, toast bread, steam and finish)
- Communicate with fellow teammates with a professional, positive attitude.
- Display a constant sense of urgency to the guest regardless of volume period.
- Maintain proper uniform and hygiene.
- Handle guest problems and complaints in an efficient and positive manner.
- Participate in Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation fundraising initiatives.
- Deliver consistent and exceptional hospitality.
- Provide detailed menu and product knowledge to the guest.
- Follow policies and procedures.
- Keeps the front counter/dining room area clean, organized, stocked and ready.
- Follow all Operations Standards for Hospitality, Food Preparation and Safety.
- Completion of Firehouse Subs training program.
- No previous experience is required. Initial and ongoing training is provided.
If you are passionate about hearty and flavourful food, heartfelt service and public safety like we are, apply now!
Looking for both Part-time and Full-time.
Part-time 10-20 hours per week
Full-time hours: 20-40 hours per week
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person