Job Number: 47639
1 temporary full-time position for up to 5 months intended specifically for students currently enrolled in a business, strategic management organization or related post-secondary work experience degree program, commencing in January 2024
If you are a highly motivated team player with a keen interest in business systems transformation and consulting, consider joining the Business Transformation Team! Working in a dynamic environment with experienced change management practitioners, you will deal with a variety of business transformation responsibilities.
The City of Edmonton is a multi-billion dollar corporation serving nearly one million residents, with 73 programs and services. We keep people safe. We keep people moving. We make Edmonton a great place to live, work and play. As the City of Edmonton continues to experience rapid, multi-faceted change as a result of the larger social, economic, political and technical influences in our environment, we are tasked with providing an increasing array of services in a more open, adaptable, responsive and fiscally responsible way. In order to deliver on the increasingly complex and evolving needs of the City, it is crucial that this work realizes numerous qualitative benefits that will transform our corporate finance, human resources and supply chain processes.
Enterprise Commons is a multi-year initiative that will implement a single, modernized, core enterprise resource planning software solution. Enterprise Commons will result in lower software costs for the City of Edmonton, standardized working processes, increased efficiency and greater integration between areas such as Finance, Human Resources and Supply Chain Management.
- Undertake project coordination work, under supervision, relating to project administration or other related areas
- Support team in tracking change management work
- Create and update communication materials (ie. presentations, reports, meeting minutes, website content, awareness videos, resource documents) to support project activities
- Prepare presentations and training to a wide variety of audiences to support change management
- Provide administrative support on various projects, including inbox management, data collection, research, file organization, process documentation and analysis, and onboarding and offboarding duties
- Participate in program-related meetings, presentations, and leadership updates
- Perform other related duties as required
Note: This position may be a combination of working from home and on-site working conditions.
- Currently enrolled in a business, strategic management organization or related post-secondary work experience degree program
- Ability to use Google Workspace applications
- Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively (ie. making technical information meaningful to a general audience) through the creation of presentations, media materials, and written materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple elements, with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in the absence of a supervisor
- Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Please note, as part of your application, we ask that you attach an unofficial transcript, or an enrollment verification letter (indicating you are enrolled in a co-op or related post-secondary work experience degree program). Talent sourced through this process may be considered for similar opportunities within the City.
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework and Indigenous Framework.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected].
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday
The weekly hours of work for this position are currently under review and may change at a future time. Any changes will be made in accordance with the City of Edmonton/Civic Service Union 52 collective agreement and the incumbent will be notified in advance.
Salary Range: $22.799 - $ 26.599 (Hourly)
Talent Diversity Consultant: JY/JF
Classification Title: Student Work Exp 4 YR Post Secondary
Posting Date: Sep 18, 2023
Closing Date: October 4, 2023 11:59:00 (MDT)
Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Student Position Full-time
Union : CSU 52
Department: DCMO - Financial and Corporate Services
Work Location(s): Century Place, 4th Floor, 9803 - 102A Avenue Edmonton T5J 3A3