CMC is a company recognized worldwide for its innovative spirit and excellence in the design and manufacture of its integrated cockpit and avionics solutions and state-of-the-art displays for the commercial and military aviation markets.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the CMC Electronics family in an experienced and motivated team mastering the latest design technologies. In addition, you will be called upon to put your knowledge and know-how to good use.
The Surface Mount Technology Assembly Operator works under the supervision of the Lead Hand or supervisor. He manually assembles and solders complex printed circuits boards (PCB) from assembly drawings or operation breakdown sheets.
- Applies solder paste using the manual or semi-automatic machine on boards or modules;
- Uses ovens to solder modules or P.C.B.s when manual assembly;
- Performs repairs or modifications on P.C.B.s from samples or minimum instructions;
- Assembles and solders components on P.C.B.s including surface mount components and remove them using the repair equipment related to this task and according the applicable quality requirements;
- Checks his/her own work and ensures that all specified work has been completed;
- Performs any other related tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma;
- One (1) year of experience in surface mount technology including repair and modification of PC boards assembly;
- Valid certification in hand soldering as per J-STD001D standards or recent and pertinent experience which could lead to certification;
- Duties require the use of fairly complicated drawings, some precision measuring instruments.
CMC is committed to employment equity and to the equal access program. CMC encourages members of designated groups to apply for jobs.