POSITION: Order Picker – Counter Balance & Reach Truck (CB/RT)
STATUS: Full time
Shift: Monday -Thursday: 2pm - 11pm and Friday 11am - 8pm – Saturdays 6am -3pm
Tuesday – Thursday: 2pm-11pm and Friday 11am-8pm – Saturdays 6am- 3pm
Monday – Friday: 6am-3pm
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Order Picker plays an integral role in the warehouse by picking, organizing/staging product for multi-channel facets of the business. The Order Picker is a supply chain and logistics professional who is responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery dock in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security and productivity. The Order Picker is required to ensure the product is accurately gathered and placed in the appropriate designation in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- As an Order picker – CB/RT you are self motivated and work independently and efficiently to compile and load/ship orders.
- Complete daily circle checks of assigned equipment and report any malfunctions to manager.
- Responsible for consistently practicing safe operation of all warehouse equipment.
- Prepares orders for delivery/pickup using RF scanner using WMS process.
- Expedites orders while being efficient in a safe and timely manner.
- Builds and arranges customer orders considering safety/security of load minimizing potential for damage and stage them in designated areas.
- Wrapping, Strapping, boxing of product for orders as required
- May be required to load trucks and/or vehicles with products and materials.
- Report discrepancies, damaged goods, and/or any damaged assets (racking) to Manager
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and report any observed safety hazards immediately.
- Comply with company, store, and warehouse policies.
- Perform general housekeeping duties within the warehouse.
- Complete other tasks, as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working with Counter Balance & Reach Truck
- Previous experience in a similar industry and/or warehouse is an asset.
- Reliable means of transportation to our Warehouse
- Excellent attention to detail, organized and good time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent team player, willing to learn, help others & have an awesome attitude.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and can meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work full-time , 42.5 hours per week M-F plus OT on Saturday as required
- Position requires ability to frequently lift, push, pull, slide product that typically weight up to 50lbs.
- RF scanner experience
- Overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 50lbs
- Working outdoors – and indoors based on work requirements
- Fast-paced environment
IHL Canada Inc. has created policies and procedures to meet the required Accessibility Standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005.
Our Accessibility policies are available for your review in a number of formats. Should you wish access to these documents, please email [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$28.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vaughan, ON L4L 9J7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person