Full Job Description
We are an established medical practice, providing a primary care services for a good roster-size practice. Our medical team of physicians who work within the clinic are available for a consultation either on site or off site.
Our team includes: two physicians, two clinical nurses, and three medical officers. The office is also recognised as a training centre for McMaster University family medicine, so there is a continuous flow of medical students and family medicine residents.
Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Providing a clinical care to a variety of patients demography and needs: care of elderly, chronic medical illness (DM-HT-Dementia-CHF), pap tests and breast exams, prenatal care, well baby visits and immunizations.
- Recording patients' medical histories and symptoms. The clinic uses Telus EMR that is fully integrated with HRM, labs and ePriscribe.
- Creating patient care plans and contributing to existing ones.
- Ordering, administering, and analyzing diagnostic tests.
- Diagnosing and treating health issues.
- Administering medicine and other treatments.
- Detecting changes in patients' health and modifying treatment plans, as needed.
- Consulting with healthcare professionals and families.
- Inbox cleanup, respond to messages from patients, pharmacies, and other allied health.
Nurse Practitioner Requirements:
- Valid NP license
- Prescriptive authorization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate Telus EMR.
- Only on Thursdays.
- Working hours: 9 am to 5 pm
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 8 per week
Salary: $85.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Nursing: 1 year (required)
- Ontario license (required)
- Nurse Practitioner (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-11-01