Walker Industries is a fifth-generation, family-owned company founded in 1887, headquartered in the Niagara Region. We employ more than 1,200 people with facilities across Canada and the United States in environmental waste management and recovery, renewable energy, paving and construction, aggregates, and emulsions chemistries.
Growth and transformation are a natural part of our business and our employees evolve with us.
We are looking for Heavy Equipment Operators at our Walker – McGregor Quarry location. If you have experience operating heavy equipment, working in a unionized environment, and want to work for a great company, we’re Walker Aggregates. An employer of choice across Ontario, and we want to hear from you.
Heavy Equipment Operator
This is a contract position. Show us what you can do and your wage could jump from $28.00 up to $37.35/hr with a full benefits package and a pension plan with the opportunity for possible fulltime employment at the end of your contract. Up to $800 bonus with completion of your contract employment.
We’re looking for several heavy equipment operators to run Articulated Trucks, Haul Trucks, Loaders, Excavators, and Bulldozers. Rotating through a variety of machines and duties means there’s lots to do and learn.
In addition to running heavy equipment you may be responsible for General Labor including but not limited to shoveling buildup around and inside processing equipment, completing repairs on processing equipment such as clipping conveyor belting, replacing rollers, bearings, drive belts, and screens, etc.
Ideally, you have training or experience running and understanding heavy equipment, working in a unionized environment, as well as the following qualifications:
- At least 1 years’ experience as a heavy equipment operator
- Experience working in a quarry or sand and gravel pit
- Safety training and mechanical aptitude is an asset
- Common core training is an asset
Walker runs various quarries in Essex County, and you’ll be working primarily in our McGregor Quarry, in the township of Amherstburg. Our quarries run on various shifts from 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. – and your work could happen any time between these hours. We’ll work together to establish a fairly predictable schedule though.
Experience the Benefits of Working at Walker
- Education reimbursement, training, and professional development opportunities
- Internal advancement opportunities at all levels
- Reimbursement of professional dues and tuition
Health & Well Being
- Wellness subsidy to support healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Culture & Community
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Social and networking events
Salary/Wage & Benefits
- Competitive wages
- Group health/dental/vision/prescription drug plans
- Paid vacation days
- Short-term and long-term disability plans
- Term life insurance
- Retirement programs including Pension, RRSP and TFSA
To learn more, visit walkerind.com
How to Apply
Our online assessment takes 10 minutes to complete. Save a copy by logging back into the application tool once you’re finished.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application.