The Director of The Buller School of Business and Professor of Business Administration
For nearly a century Providence has been a Christian academic community in the evangelical tradition that teaches people to grow in knowledge and character for leadership and service. Providence infuses learning with Christian faith, to form and equip students for a wide variety of vocations to participate in God’s creative and redemptive work in the world.
Providence University College invites applications for the Director of The Buller School of Business. The position includes appointment as a full-time, tenure track faculty position in Business Administration at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, beginning July 1, 2024. The application period will close March 30, 2024. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
Reporting to the University College Academic Dean, and serving as a member of the University College Executive Committee, the Director of the Buller School of Business leads the development, reviews, and oversees the implementation of the Providence University College strategic plan, articulates and facilitates the distinctive educational goals and programs of the Buller School of Business, leads the Business faculty in developing and maintaining excellent educational programing, including regular review of the Business degree programs.
Required to be a resident member on the Otterburne campus. This may require the successful applicant to relocate to the Otterburne area (e.g., Winnipeg, Steinbach, Niverville, St Pierre Jolys) surrounding communities.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will have:
- a completed Ph.D. in a field of business administration or related discipline from an accredited university;
- teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate level;
- a demonstrated ability to teach across the breadth of the business curriculum;
- ideally, significant business and/or managerial experience;
- a record or promise of scholarly achievement;
- a broad perspective on business in the Canadian context with strong cross-cultural skills;
- evidence of the potential to be a strong mentor and advisor to undergraduate and graduatestudents majoring in business;
- an ability to work with students, staff, and faculty in a collegial environment;
- a commitment to infusing business education with Christian faith.
The successful candidate will also have the initiative and drive to lead dynamic and expanding business administration programs, working in collaboration with the other business administration faculty to produce academically competent graduates in a learning environment that emphasizes their faith, character, and skills development.
Because the mission of Providence University College is to educate students at a university level to think, live, and serve effectively in the church and society in a changing world, the successful candidate will also:
- Exhibit an enthusiastic personal Christian faith;
- Display a commitment to Christian higher education;
- Support the Providence mission, vision and values;
- Affirm the Providence Statement of Faith
- Agree to abide by the Providence Covenant of Community Life
To be considered for this position, please submit the following documents:
1. An application cover letter, outlining your suitability for the position
2. Your curriculum vitae, including education, employment history, teaching experience, and evidence of scholarship and publication
3. A statement of your philosophy of teaching
4. Contact information for three references willing to support your application if shortlisted
Applications should be submitted to:
Nicholas P. Greco, Ph.D. Provost
c/o Marlin Reimer, Director of Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
Targeted start date for position: July 1, 2024.
Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are especially welcome. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected to proceed in the application process will be contacted.
Further information about Providence University College and Theological Seminary may be found at prov.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Doctoral Degree (preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-07-01