El Taquero is a booming little taco shop on Ellis Street in downtown Kelowna. Specializing in crafted Margaritas and Mexican Street Tacos scratch made complimented with other seasonal cocktails and Mexican Fare.
We’re looking for a Margarita Shaker's from Entry Level to a (Head bartender/ess) with a friendly first personality; quick hands; hospitality driven; team work focused who will shake with the best of them but will jump out to bus a table or pack a take out bag between rounds.
If you have a strong work ethic, are polite and personable, and have great guest service skills; you may be our new team mate.
This position requires ability to multi-task, and a desire to deliver fantastic bar etiquette. If Spanish is your first, second or learned in school language; even better.
Primary Duties are as follows:
BARTENDER (Entry Level or a little bit of experience)
· Balance cash receipts at the end of the night.
· Recognize and learn the names of regular guests
· Clean and sterilize glasses, utensils, and bar equipment
· Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
· Clean and reset bars, work areas, and tables.
· Slice and pit fruit and prepare other garnishes for drinks.
· Arrange and maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation, promotion of beverages, and attractive displays; wipe & clean on a regular basis.
· Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
· Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the restaurant manager.
· Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
· Training of new bartenders on bar operations; and servers on cocktail knowledge.
· Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
· Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
· Prepare take-out & catering orders for pick-up.
· Take reservations and work with FOH team to ensure tables are ready – wait list maintained.
Supplemental (experienced bartender or shift leader)
· Supervise the work of service staff and other bartenders. (shift supervisor)
· Preparation of bar items for catering.
· Communicate through Daily manager log and issues or instances – jobs well done on a daily bases. (shift supervisor)
· Fiscal responsibility of service levels and labour costs.
Supplemental (Head Bartender)
· Collect liquor order and bring to the bar to unload and organize.
· Assist in planning of bar menus, and/or create drink recipes.
· Inventory (weekly) & Order or requisition through management liquors and supplies. (head bartender)
· Maintain glass inventory and fiscal responsibility of pour costs & labour.
· Work with kitchen prep & other bartenders to ensure that par lists for cocktail bases are maintained and consistent. (head bartender)
Daily Administrative Duties (supervisor / bartender)
o Check in with senior kitchen team member to “circle the wagons” for the day.
o Check in with day shift manager or bartender to see about: , 86 items, prep is completed, and the white board / floor plan is complete and up to date.
o Check and verify any reservations and wait lists.
o Check and confirm and ring in any catering orders.
o Find replacement staff if a member is sick or unable to report to work for any reason.
o Notify kitchen management of any low stocked items, take out containers, etc.
o Coordinate liquor orders, pop orders and take away orders with appropriate personnel.
o Train and test new team members on procedures, menu knowledge and bar knowledge.
o Daily cash reconciliation and manager log outs.
Expected work schedule:
o Work with management to ensure that all evening shifts are covered between shift supervisors.
o Coverage of bar shifts in case of last-minute call ins.
o Coordinate with Kitchen same day each week inventory to align with schedule.
o Weekends & Special Events (wedding days, Cinco de mayo, Canada day)
o Two Weeks Paid Vacation Per Year (not to be taken between May 1 & September 30th)
Wage increases with level of responsibility.
Additional perks included - discounted or free staff meals (dependent on experience)
Car Allowance; Inclusion in Tip Pool.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us your deets so we can meet and taco bout it! ¡Hasta Pronto!
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 25-30 per week
Salary: $18.00-$19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bartender: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person