Now Hiring! Field Service Technician!
In this position you will be directly reporting to Regional Product Support Manager (RPSM) and be responsible for diagnosing and repair of transit buses. This includes acceptance and infield service for bus deliveries to our customers including implementation of company policies, assisting in warranty situations, completing retrofits, gathering product failure information, training and general customer liaison
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Understand the New Flyer core values as a guideline for conducting all New Flyer business.
- Maintain and be able to utilize a tool set sufficient to do repair work on New Flyer buses, (wrench sizes up to and including 1").
- Gather and communicate data on field technical issues and forward to RPSM.
- Communicate general information on product reliability to the RPSM.
- Support RPSM and service manager to ensure vehicles remain in service including troubleshooting and repairing vehicle.
- Work with RPSM and internal staff to ensure the correct parts are ordered and received to repair vehicle.
- Communicate effectively with RPSM through regular phone calls, electronic communications and technical reports.
- Complete standard documents, such as expense reports and travel authorization.
- Report customer concerns promptly.
- Support the shop's 5S and lean manufacturing initiatives with roll outs and recommendations for improvements
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Red Seal Preferred
- Licensed HD or Truck and Transport Ticket
- Class 1 or Class 2 License
- A minimum of five (5) years work experience working in a similar position preferably with heavy duty transit buses or heavy duty trucks.
- Strong mechanical and electrical background with emphasis on electrical troubleshooting.
- Previous experience with air systems, hydraulic systems and HVAC systems.
- Must be able to navigate and identify necessary parts required to repair vehicle via electronic parts manual.
- Ability to converse in a professional manner in both written and verbal communication with internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and posses initiative to seek improvements.
- Motivated self-starter with capabilities to work within a fast paced team oriented environment.
*Travel is required for this position* - Travel may include the entire West Central Region of Canada
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive Wages.
- A continuous learning environment.
- Ability to advance your career with a growing company.
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer for 2020 and this is the tenth time since the competition was established in 2007.
- Ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house training initiatives along with tuition subsidies for courses at outside institutions
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
New Flyer is North America's heavy-duty transit bus leader and offers the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior® and Xcelsior CHARGE® brands. It also offers infrastructure development through NFI Infrastructure Solutions™, a service dedicated to providing safe, sustainable, and reliable charging and mobility solutions. Further information is available at www.newflyer.com.
NFI Group is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions. News and information are available at www.nfigroup.com, www.newflyer.com, www.mcicoach.com, www.arbocsv.com, www.alexander-dennis.com, www.carfaircomposites.comand www.nfi.parts.
Job Type: Full-time
- Do you have a Red Seal?
- Do you have a Class 1 or Class 2 License?
- Are you willing to travel 80% of the time?
- Licensed HD or Truck and Transport ticket?
Work Location: On the road