Did you know that VIA Rail is carrying out ambitious projects to modernize its services and infrastructure? From our new ultramodern train fleet to ongoing improvement of our infrastructure and reservation system, we’re building the future of transportation in Canada. Working for VIA Rail is being a part of a collective effort in sustainable mobility.
The Maintenance Planner reports to the Senior Manager, Facilities Management, MMC. The Maintenance Planner is responsible for keeping the preventive maintenance and inventory management program up to date, and coordinates with supervisors the planning of all work carried out on the maintenance center site. Among his responsibilities, he coordinates all work order management activities (preventive, predictive, corrective-repair, internal projects, etc.) and always ensures that the historical data collected is accurate.
Maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Modify current assets and add new ones according to changes within the organization.
- Modify preventive maintenance jobs (tasks) and add new ones according to requests from internal resources and manufacturers' recommendations.
- Schedule preventive maintenance work performed by internal resources and subcontractors according to their respective availabilities;
- Develop and maintain the store parts management program and ensure links with the corresponding assets;
- Effectively manage store parts inventory;
- Coordinate the acquisition of materials required for major shutdowns in collaboration with supervisors.
Data analysis and documentation
- Update various reports currently in place. Compile data from various sources. Produce reports on sector activities.
- Participate in project closure activities: archiving reports, closing open items, managing lessons learned.
- Provide suggestions on how processes and procedures can be better adapted to the changing work environment.
Planning of maintenance activities in collaboration with supervisors and team leaders
- Determine and manage the weekly maintenance workload.
- Carry out and supervise all activities associated with work order management (issuing, planning, monitoring execution, closing and capturing historical data).
- Establish work schedules that will enable maintenance personnel to carry out interventions efficiently and safely.
- Draw up the plans required for the execution of activities (identify materials and tools, estimate work hours for each discipline involved).
- Issue required reports and coordinate work planning with maintenance and production teams.
- Propose and communicate work to be carried out to supervisors.
- Plan and optimize the work of internal resources and subcontractors.
- Participate in improvement committees.
- Prepare for financial management and control of the project in Oracle in collaboration with the project manager.
- Participate in project start-up activities: development of business plans, financial justifications, project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Support project delivery monitoring and control activities: work plan monitoring and control (schedule, effort, budget), progress reports.
- Monitoring and financial control of projects.
- Carry out various administrative tasks and review the priority of assigned tasks in order to meet the needs of the Asset Management group as a whole.