The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, a climbing centre, new fitness centre, an indoor playground, and a Pro Shop.
A little about you…
You love food, you value experiences. You are a go-getter with a “let’s do this” attitude. You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, and you appreciate building connections and relationships with both members and employees alike. You have a team mentality, strive to lead and work as team to reach a common goal.
A little about us…
The Glencoe Club has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Restaurant Supervisor. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Assistant Restaurant Supervisor with a strong passion for the Food & Beverage industry combined with exceptional member and employee service values and skills in this innovative new dining space. We aspire “to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do” – you will carry this vision through all that you do.
· Provide service excellence and a positive experience to members and guests
· Ensure all preparation and closing procedures are completed and side duties done in a timely manner
· Ensure timely and effective two way communication between members, guests, staff, kitchen brigade and supervisors
· Effectively address members concerns and complaints immediately and communicate appropriately to applicable food and beverage team members as part of the member feedback process
· Display professionalism and a positive attitude developing a rapport with members, guest and coworkers
· Help develop weekly schedule including personnel availability and vacation requests
· Achieve or exceed service standards by supporting staff and monitor that service staff is adhering to the standards
· Record daily service in the supervisor log and feedback from members and guest and food & beverage personnel
· Ensure completion of daily food and beverage administrative duties
· Attend weekly supervisor and staff meetings
· Assist in conducting and training of new employees and on-going training of current personnel
· Plan and execute details and requirements on Banquet BEO’s including special set ups and oversee events when scheduled
· Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained
· Actively contribute to Food & Beverage department teamwork and collaboration including development and promotion of special events, features and promotions
· Additional duties as required
· A proven track record, with minimum of 5 year of experience in the food & beverage service industry.
· A diplomatic, outgoing personality able to foster relationships with members and employees.
· A team player who can lead, organize and engage in the delivery of training and develop and maintain service standards.
· High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity.
· Strong organizational and administrative skills.
· Exceptional service skills, food and beverage knowledge and inventory controls.
· ProServe Certification.
This is a Permanent Full Time position totaling greater than 30 hours per week. This position will involve a variety of day, evening and weekend shifts, so a flexible schedule is required. This position will contain a variety of Assistant Restaurant Supervisor shifts as required.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Criminal Records Check and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for comprehensive health and dental benefits, RRSP program, training and development, staff meals, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.orgor at www.glencoejobs.org.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Work Location: In person