TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE: JOIN OUR TEAM!
The Toronto Grace Health Centre (TGHC) provides, specialized care to those individuals who require Complex Continuing Care, Post-Acute Care Rehabilitation, Transitional care and Palliative Care services. The care and services provided at TGHC help facilitate the patient flow through the health care system and ensures recovery to those individuals who may return to their homes or to Long Term Care (LTC) facilities in their communities. TGHC operates in 3 sites – the Main site (Church& Bloor St), Harbour Lights (Queen & Jarvis Street) houses and a Specialized Care Centre (Victoria Park & Mc Nicoll). Our organization is committed to collaborating with Patients and families in their journey through the health care system effectively supporting their integration back into the community.
Are you passionate about the work you do and the contribution you can make? If so, we have an exciting contract opportunity available and offer a great place to work. We live our values in all that we do and value our staff, volunteers and physicians.
We are actively recruiting for
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Temporary Full Time 6 month contract
Position Summary and Responsibility:
The Patient Care Department at the Salvation Army, Toronto Grace Health Centre is currently seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist. The Registered Respiratory Therapist in this position is to promote a patient and family centered care approach. You will do this by collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of care providers in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. You have clinical expertise, competence, and technical skills as related to the position. You are also flexible to changing priorities and committed to continuous learning and professional development. You have great interpersonal skills, and you effortlessly connect with physicians, staff, patients, and families. You will take a leadership in advocating and providing exceptional health care to patients and families. This position supports the Hospital’s mandate by advancing care through teaching. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers, learners, patients and families. This position will report to the Patient Care Manager and the RRT Lead Coordinator.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive respiratory assessment and management plan for patients’ respiratory condition
- Provide ventilator management
- Provide tracheostomy tube management
- Provide oxygen therapy assessment and management
- Develop and provide client and family teaching plans as appropriate to the individual patient
- Provide supervision and education
- Provide clinical leadership in Code Blue
- Maintains confidentiality and builds a respectful working environment
- Demonstrate the ability to lift and position patients and related equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in health science or related field preferred
- Graduate of a recognized Respiratory Therapy program
- Registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification, required
- Experience in adult intubation
- Membership with C.S.R.T. and R.T.S.O. preferred
- Able to communicate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment and willingness to accept clinical direction.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with MS Office.
- Excellent attendance record.
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening).
Qualified candidates may apply to:
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter by visiting our career website and quoting job #: 07062023 - RRT TEMPORAY FT 6 MONTH CONTRACT Please visit our website to learn more about the rewards of building a career at the Toronto Grace Health Centre: www.torontograce.orgwe are a “Great Place to Work”. Toronto Grace Health Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify the Human Resources Department.
The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre has been accredited with commendation in 2021 by Accreditation Canada
Thank you for your interest in The Toronto Grace Health Centre. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time, Fixed term contract
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M4Y 2G5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- respiratory therapist: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person