DATE: September 20, 2023
JOB NUMBER: 2023-55
HYBRID WORK: Eligible
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: St. Albert, Alberta
Alberta Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Logistics Team Lead to work out of our office in St. Albert. The successful candidate will be responsible for aligning and managing the annual pulp shipping plans, managing the vendors and responding to audits. Responsibilities will also include managing the activities between coordinators, sales and the mill warehouse. The position also ensures the effective and efficient development, delivery, and maintenance of transportation solutions to address logistics business issues.
Who Are We?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
- Transportation Administration & Operations: Plan and monitor the schedule of pulp. Work closely with Sales, Operations and Logistics Teams to develop and implement delivery schedules. Evaluate, improve, and implement new transportation strategies.
- Budgeting & Planning: Manage costs through monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and process improvement initiatives.
- Contract & Stakeholder Management: Manage contracts to meet customer delivery requirements and production, safety and regulatory expectations. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sourcing: Collect and collate information on the key cost drivers, market dynamics and issues, areas of innovation, and alternative suppliers for more senior colleagues to provide solid market information for decision making.
- Stakeholder / Community Engagement & Relationship Building: Identify and manage our relationships with stakeholders up to management level, finding out their needs/issues/concerns and informing the development and coordinating the implementation of stakeholder engagement plans to support the communication of business information and decisions.
- Leadership and Direction: Execute and inform the function's strategy and its relationship to the organization's mission, vision and values. Motivate people to commit to these and to doing extraordinary things to achieve the organization's business goals.
- Performance Measurement and Management - Manage and report on the performance of the logistics operations. Set appropriate performance measurement objectives for direct reports and hold them accountable for achieving these.
- University Degree or Technical Diploma in Supply chain, Business or a related field.
- 5 to7 years’ experience in the Transportation industry.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in People Leadership.
- Experience in planning, forecasting, scheduling, and distribution.
- Experience managing customer needs and relationships.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of logistics and inventory control.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SAP or other transportation systems.
- Knowledge of provincial & federal transportation regulations, equipment, technology, maintenance, productivity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of computer systems.
- Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and multi-tasking skills.
- Understanding of legislative requirements (Transportation, and the Alberta O.H &S Act)
- Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.).
What We Offer
- Hybrid work arrangement.
- A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program.
- Four week’s annual vacation (increasing with service).
- Company paid dental and extended health benefits from day 1.
- A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
- Relocation assistance is available.
Please note this current opportunity is open till September 30th, 2023, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to [email protected].
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Albert, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- logistics: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-30