We are a fast-paced and fun business in South Vancouver looking to add a Warehouse Manager to our growing team.
Native Northwest distributes educational, gift, and fashion items featuring Indigenous art to stores across Canada and United States. 100% of the art featured on Native Northwest products is designed by Indigenous artists.
As Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for leading our warehouse operations, including the supervision of staff in the following areas: picking and packing orders, inventory control, receiving, and production.
Visit nativenorthwestselect.ca or check out facebook or instagram to learn more about us.
- Overseeing day-to-day warehouse operations to ensure results are delivered, including orders being shipped accurately and on time
- Identifying areas of improvement and working with the Operations Manager to develop and improve processes and planning
- Providing coaching, training and supervision of a team of 20 - 30 warehouse associates to maintain high performance and morale.
- Leading warehouse hiring, human resources and performance improvement
- Serving as the primary liaison to other departments, including customer service and procurement
- Having a full understanding of all functionality and roles in the warehouse (from receiving and inventory control to order fulfillment and shipments)
- Coordinating deliveries and regularly communicating with our US warehouse
- Leading safety policies and practices within the warehouse.
- Maintaining warehouse cleanliness and organization
- Monitoring supplies and direct replenishment efforts as needed
- Building a strong team that works together in a positive, collaborative culture
- 3+ years experience as a warehouse supervisor
- Ability to motivate, support, coach and lead a team
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions quickly
- Desire to work with a team to achieve a common goal
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- General understanding of inventory control and order flow
- Proficient in inventory and ERP software (we use Netsuite by Oracle)
- Must be able to move, climb and lift up to 50 lbs
We are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, disability, gender, or sexual orientation.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
double Covid vaccination policy.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Supervising: 3 years (preferred)
- Warehouse: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person