JOIN OUR TEAM
Metro Supply Chain (MTH) is a strategic supply chain solutions partner for some of the world’s fastest growing and most recognizable organizations. We advance our customers’ business through innovative, real-world solutions within a culture that supports our communities, protects our environment, and enables our team to thrive. Managing 14 million square feet in 98 sites across North America and Europe with a team of 6,000, it is the largest privately-owned supply chain solutions company based in Canada.
Business Analyst collects and stores data on sales numbers, market research, logistics, or other behaviors. They bring technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of that data, then process, design, and present it in ways to help our businesses, and organizations make better decisions.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Providing quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Providing analysis of data and reports.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Working with stakeholders to design reporting to support business objective
- Automation of reporting
- Collaborating with other team member to create a business proposal to our client from data review, FSA studies and rate proposal
- Ensuring all the data flows properly and accurately between all the logistics and analytic systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science
- Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
Why Join Us
- Work in an environment where safety is our first priority
- The opportunity to build a career with a growing company
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness programs to support your family’s well-being
- A Retirement Savings Program with a company match
- Company team wear allowance
- Employee Appreciation Day
- Company sponsored social events
- Community volunteering
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse workplace where people feel included and valued. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Should you require accommodation for a special ability or need during the recruitment process, please reach out to a member of our Human Resources Team.