At The Value Builder System™, our goal is to change the world for the better. Today, small business owners work their entire lives only to earn pennies on the dollar when they sell their business. Our mission is to make a positive difference for one million small business owners by the year 2030.
What You’ll Do: (Job Description)
- As the first point of contact for new customers, you are responsible for integrating The Value Builder System™ into the advisor’s existing practice to help them realize an ROI using our solutions.
- You will accomplish this by learning about the advisor’s existing practice, reasons for purchasing, desired goals, and expected ROI.
- You will then provide recommendations, coaching and assistance to ensure the advisor is successfully using the system to accomplish their goals within their first 6 months
- If an Advisor is not on track to realize an ROI, you will work with them to problem solve and address issues to get them back on track.
- At the 6 month mark, the advisor will be handed off to the Customer Relationship Manager, who will own the future relationship.
You will do this by: (The Day-to-Day Job)
- Listening to how your customer does business today and proactively convincing them to incorporate The Value Builder System™ into their existing business processes.
- Conducting at least 7 structured Client Onboarding calls with new advisors while establishing a roadmap to go-live using The Value Builder System™.
- Training advisors on how to use the software and configuring the solution to fit within their existing processes.
- Working with advisors to help them begin actively using the solution within 6 months of signing on. This includes helping the advisor:
- Integrate Value Builder widgets to their website
- Upload their contacts into nurture cycle (automated drip marketing tool)
- Ensure instances are customized with their
- Ensure that their Value Builder instance is customized with their branding (footers, logos and call to actions)
- Customize your customer’s existing marketing assets (brochures, LinkedIn profiles, etc.) to include The Value Builder System™.
- Ensuring advisors stay engaged, attend and complete their training sessions and internalize the concepts into their own practices.
Is This You? (What We’re Looking For)
- You are approachable and comfortable with senior leaders. People love to talk with you, and you love meeting new people. You engage with individuals, regardless of their seniority and make everyone feel at ease. You can read people and know how to pivot to continuously build rapport. (Approachable, Comfortable with Higher Management)
- You love technology. You are comfortable navigating multiple software systems and can use your understanding of the system framework to troubleshoot problems. If you have worked for other SaaS companies in the past, that is an asset. (Technical skills)
- You love to solve problems. You ask questions to seek out the real issue behind a problem. You come up with practical solutions that deliver results by addressing the underlying issues. (Problem Solving)
- You love presenting. You are an effective presenter in 1:1, small, and large settings. You can command the room and deliver a presentation that is engaging and delivers value to the audience. You can quickly pivot if the presentation isn’t working. (Presentation Skills)
- You love a good process. There’s a saying that success is 1% idea and 99% execution, and that’s true for this role. This is a “doing” job, and you are detail-oriented and can establish a process to contribute to your success. You know how to establish a goal and map out the steps necessary to achieve the results. (Process Management and Organization)
- You know your sales and marketing. You are a veteran of sales and marketing processes. You know how to drive lead generation through campaigns and the steps to close new business. You’ve been there, done that before. (Business Acumen)
- You’ve got empathy. You want to listen. Not just to sell more, but achieve something that solves a problem or addresses an issue successfully. You care about your customers’ outcomes, not just your bonus. (Patience, Listening, Compassion, etc.)
Experience and Requirements
- 5 Years Experience at a software company in a trainer or customer success role
- Experience in a teaching, training or coaching setting
- Experience in a sales role
- Software proficiency (Experience with Salesforce is a plus)
- Have worked closely with C level management individuals
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
Do You Believe What We Believe? (Our Values)
- We believe in having a growth mindset, tackling challenges with our glass three-quarters-full attitude.
- We believe in doing the important things first.
- We believe in being professional. We own up to mistakes. We’re allergic to people who make excuses.
- We believe that opinions are cheap. We’re metrics people. Data is the raw material of true insight.
Why You’ll Love It Here (5 Reasons to Join)
- Play a Role in Doing Right: you’ll be able to look back on your career and know that you played a part in righting a wrong in a world today by helping level the playing field for owners as they approach their exit.
- Get in early. The Value Builder System™ is growing 20-30% per year. A rising tide lifts all boats, and you will be joining a dynamic, growing company and your career growth will accelerate much faster than if you chose to work for a larger, more established business where your career growth is limited to tiny steps on a well-worn career path.\
- Learn. One of our four values is to embrace a growth mindset, which is all about taking risks, learning and growing. Learning is not only encouraged; it’s hard-wired into our culture. Join a big company and your learning curve will be gradual, join The Value Builder System™ and the curve steepens considerably. At The Value Builder System™, you’ll be encouraged to take risks and try new things rather than petition management for permission to act.
- Be Safe. When you work for a big company, you’re a number on a spreadsheet, and when that company changes strategy, hundreds of employees can be let go regardless of their performance. The Value Builder System™ is a meritocracy where high performance is your ultimate job security. You’ll never be let go by some arbitrary decision behind a boardroom door. As a high performer in the jet stream of the company’s revenue growth, at The Value Builder System™, you are in control of your destiny.
- Be part of something special. Company founder John Warrillow wrote Built to Sell: Creating. Business That Can Thrive Without You, which was named by Fortune Magazines one of the ten best books for business owners in the year. The book inspired a podcast which has been downloaded more than 500,000 times and ranked by Forbesas one of the top 10 podcasts for business owners in the world.
Our Offices: We are a Toronto-based remote company. Your role is expected to be performed from a remote “work from home” setting however travel for important meetings and/or events will be required from time to time.