Automation Technician, Junior
Serve as a plant resource for line improvements, line automation, realignment of product flow equipment and machinery in conjunction with Engineering and Maintenance.
Skyjack supplies construction rental companies globally with quality engineered, simple, and reliable access and telehandler equipment. Initially started as a scissor lift manufacturer in 1985, and has grown to become a world leader in the general Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) industry. As a dominant player in a consistently evolving industry, Skyjack employees thrive on absorbing new information and have a thirst for continuous improvement in their professional selves. In 2002 Skyjack became a part of the Linamar Corporation and has since been able to leverage strategic partnerships and use the guidance of their parent company to rapidly change the face of the access industry.
Every aspect of the company is deeply rooted in Skyjack’s safety initiatives as this can be an extremely challenging industry. Skyjack prides itself on being simply reliable and easy to do business with. This mission extends to the relationships with customers, suppliers, and employees. Learn more about how you can become a part of the Skyjack team and align yourself with other motivated and engaged professionals.
- Comprehensive Benefits and Pension Packages
- Career Advancement & Training Opportunities
- Shift Premiums & Production Bonus
- Personal Protective Equipment Allowance
- Minimum requirement of three years’ experience in Automation and robotic systems repair/ programming.
- Understanding of electrical / electronic schematic diagrams, blueprints and pneumatic/hydraulic systems. Ability to refer to quality specification forms to verify that products comply with required standards for dimensions, material compositions and tolerance levels for strength, durability and stress tests.
- Schedule production activities for all phases of design, maintenance and inspection to meet the time requirements of contracts. These schedules are based upon the availability of equipment and machinists and upon the production deadlines set for clients.
- Ability to evaluate condition of damaged mechanical equipment and make recommendations for repair or replacement. Compare states of each item before and after damage, consider cost and feasibility of repairs in compliance with codes and regulations and examine advantages of replacing equipment. Assess suitability of new equipment needed for installations and repairs.
- Participate in meetings with supervisors, co-workers and employees to plan upcoming activities and to update projects.
- Ability to work in teams that include engineers, machinists, and architects. In team setting, ability to provide technical support and services to engineers.
- Opportunities to grow your career
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities
- Social committees and sports teams
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet the full requirements for this position.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.