Always there. Anywhere. That’s us! A team committed to delivering inspired solutions for a better world. We care for our communities and each other, and we are committed to showing up for those who need us. We value and encourage diversity, and we have the courage to do the right thing, even when it’s hard.
We’re looking for someone who cares about their work and strives for more each day. Someone who challenges the status quo, embraces change, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. If you are someone who approaches work with passion, curiosity and the courage to innovate, then this role is for you.
We are looking for an Advisor, Corporate Affairs to join us in the exciting work we do in the Corporate Affairs Department. Reporting to the Director Corporate Affairs, it’ll be your responsibility to work closely with ATCO’s government relations, corporate communications, and Indigenous relations teams to provide strategic advice and on a range of corporate affairs issues. This will include working closely with internal collaborators to identify and manage reputational risks, providing guidance on government relations, public affairs, and stakeholder engagement, and developing and implementing strategies to manage government and stakeholder relations.
What You Get To Do:
- Conduct research and develop a range of critical communications products in a variety of formats (i.e., presentations, reports, Q&As, backgrounders, etc.) working in conjunction with relevant business units and groups.
- Review and prepare briefing materials and talking points for senior executives in preparation for meetings with government officials or public appearances.
- Research and monitor government activities that could affect ATCO’s subsidiary businesses and strategy.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, political developments, and emerging issues that may impact the company's operations or reputation.
- Support the development and implementation of ATCO’s government relations strategy.
- Draft responses for ongoing and emerging issues, including targeted government relations and advocacy plans.
- Write or edit submissions to government and regulator consultations.
- Develop internal reporting on key policy and regulatory developments for senior executives.
- Identify, analyze, and monitor relevant provincial and federal public policy, regulatory, legislative, and political issues and initiatives that impact ATCO’s key domestic and international markets.
- Support the development and maintenance of relationships with external stakeholders, including industry associations, NGOs, and community organizations.
- Develop and support the implementation of stakeholder engagement plans to support key business initiatives.
- Working with Corporate Affairs team and business units, monitor relevant trade associations and industry groups and contribute to the development of policy positions and joint advocacy as appropriate.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, political science, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate affairs, government relations, communications, or related field.
- Strong understanding of government relations and communications.
- Create, draft and coordinate content for various internal/external communication tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key partners.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
What We Offer:
- A culture based on caring, integrity, agility, collaboration, and striving for excellence
- Competitive compensation
- Flex benefits
- Tuition assistance program
- Training and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Utilities is part of ATCO Ltd. ATCO delivers inspired solutions for a better world. We are a diversified global corporation with investments in the essential services of Structures & Logistics, Utilities, Energy Infrastructure, Retail Energy, Transportation and Commercial Real Estate. Learn more about how we build communities, energize industries and deliver customer-focused solutions like no other company in the world at www.atco.com.
At ATCO, we support a diverse and inclusive environment that values the contributions and perspectives of everyone on the ATCO team. We believe the ATCO team is the foundation of our business and our most valuable asset across our global operations. Without each team members’ unique skills, strengths, and knowledge, we simply wouldn’t be able to achieve our fundamental vision of delivering life’s essential services to our customers around the world.
ATCO is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.