Senior Account Manager, Canada Federal - ( 230003TO )
At Stantec we build communities. Our Canadian Federal clients secure and enhance our communities. Together we live, work, and raise our families in these local, national, and international communities.
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 28,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We’re looking for a Senior Account Manager with experience in Architecture or Engineering for our Federal Practice. The right candidate will lead our Federal emerging accounts. This role will report directly to Senior Principal, Canada Federal Program Leader. The near-term goal is to develop a strategy around the merging and major Federal program with key emerging and opportunistic growth in the other Federal agencies.
- Represent Stantec as an Account Manager with overall responsibilities for this client relationship development and maintenance, business development strategy and revenue generation.
- Has a deep understanding of project opportunities on a regional basis and developing strategies and team approaches for positioning Stantec for project opportunities.
- Offer and support planning and pursuit decisions that are in line with project opportunities.
- Provide on-going support and management of the emerging accounts plan and initiatives. Mentor, inspire and motivate teams to produce the best results for the client and for Stantec.
- Provide leadership in project pursuits including proposal and presentation preparation/presentation for the accounts.
- Provide project leadership and oversight to local teams for project deliveries where appropriate.
- Conversant in contract language and intent, can reasonably assess risk and make meaningful value judgments regarding the firm’s resources.
- Identification of major/strategic/transformational projects associated with the account coming online in the next 12 to 18 months’.
- Responsible for developing of account management plans for key clients.
- Manages business development budgets for key assigned clients, in coordination with key stakeholders.
- Engage Stantec Business Line Leaders, Regional Leaders and individual Business Center leadership to develop relationships, pursue opportunities, and execute the resulting work.
- Perform Program Management, QA and related activities for the management and execution of ongoing design projects.
- Partner with sector, global account, and portfolio leaders to develop comprehensive annual business and marketing plans.
- Meet and build relationships within the industry with the objective of introducing Stantec, increasing our brand recognition resulting in new work generation.
- Attend selected conferences and remain an active membership in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships) related to the industry or region.
- Solicit and facilitate sharing of industry knowledge and market trends.
- Liaise with the regional marketing team, sector marketing leaders, and corporate marketing leadership.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Knowledge of the emerging account’s structure and procurement process.
- Strong existing relationships with the key emerging accounts.
- Strong business development skills, including proven results.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and presentation skill
- Experience in leading a team of highly skilled professionals and internal networking across a large enterprise organization.
- Experience in national account management.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, organization, coordination and management skills.
- Experience with responding to Request for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider.
- Travel is required to manage accounts across Canada.
- Preference given to someone who is fluent in English and French.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Science or applied Science Degree.
- Licensed in Architecture or Engineering is an asset.
- Previous project management experience.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Account Management and/or Project Management.
- Experience working with governmental organizations is considered an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Other Locations : Canada, Canada-Prince Edward Island-Charlottetown
Organization : BC-1292 Federal Program-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 25, 2023, 6:50:52 AM
Req ID: 230003TO
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans