BURNCO is hiring a Journeyman Truck and Transport Mechanic who will make our great West Kelowna, BC team even better. You know your craft and you tackle your work with skill and professional pride. By your nature, you're always driving change and proposing improvements; qualities that help ensure our organization will remain one of the best in the industry.
What’s In It for You
- Competitive Wages.
- Work life balance: 5 day work week, weekends are a rare exception, day time hours.
- PPE Allowances.
- 3 weeks’ vacation.
- Company 6% RRSP Matching Program.
- Great health benefits - helping you keep you and your family healthy.
- Work with high quality individuals and teams.
- Very strong safety culture.
- Enjoy the benefits of working with a stable and growing company.
You Are Someone Who
- Wants to work within a great team.
- Loves to learn and continual improve their trade.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Is friendly, outgoing, and highly motivated.
What You Will Be Doing
The primary areas of responsibility include:
- Proper Preventative Maintenance.
- Timely Response to Maintenance Service Requests.
- Reading diagrams and schematics for work procedures.
- After-treatment diagnosing and repair.
- Welding aluminum and steel.
- Troubleshooting Electrical, Pneumatics and Hydraulics.
- Maintain and repair On/Off Road Heavy Equipment to Provincial and BURNCO Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Would Like from You
- Journeyman Red Seal or Provincial Certification an asset (Senior apprentices will be considered).
- CVIP licensed in BC an asset.
- Experience working on Detroit Diesel, Mercedes and Cummins, John Deere, and Caterpillar an asset.
- Class 5 license with clean Drivers Abstract; Class 1 or 3 with air an asset.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency using diagnostic software.
- Experienced with Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic system repairs and maintenance an asset.
- Follow and lead safe work practices.
- Physically fit with the ability to work in conditions which may include varying weather and temperatures, heavy lifting (50 lbs / 23 kgs).
IMPORTANT: As this is a safety sensitive position, it is a condition of employment that candidates selected for hire must successfully pass pre-employment testing including a background check, drug and alcohol screen (Cannabis included), and a physical assessment test.