Our client is a leading, world wide Fortune 500 Consulting outfit with over 260k employees. They are building out a Canadian Data team and looking to add a Data Analyst to their roster who has a good background with Exadata and Hadoop.
Individual(s) would be assessing data assets and classifying attribute based on pre-established criteria and assigning them with a data classification part of Data Governance team
- Should be able to use querying languages SQL-Oracle/Exadata/HQL/Python to analyse complex data sets across different source systems and come up with data mapping for specific business use cases.
- Perform data gap analysis, data profiling, identify data lineage, interpret and document data flow within the data pipelines
- Perform data validation and come up with root cause for the mismatches.
- Needs to do exploratory work to gain understanding of the source system data, and provide recommendations on what will be suitable data sets to be used for a given use case.
- Liaise with business to understand business requirements, conduct exploratory sessions with SME's.
- Operate in an Agile environment and contribute to teams success.
- Should be able to understand different technologies (on prem & cloud) and be able to adapt and work in the ecosystem.
- Understand, interpret and relate business terminologies and leverage the same in providing business with insights on data related business use cases.
- 5-7 years of experience with data engineering/migration/DWBI/reporting projects in the role of business system analyst/data analyst/business analyst.
- Should be good with query languages - PL-SQL/SAS-SQL/HQL/Python.
- Good understanding of sequel functions, statistical functions for data analysis
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Good to have - technical experience regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Good to have - ability to deal with structured, semi-structured, unstructured and streaming data
- Experience in Data Modernization initiatives is desired. (Cloud migration projects)
- Excellent Business Acumen and ability to understand business flows.
- Telecom Domain knowledge and experience is must.
- Experience in marketing transformation projects is preferred.