Steele Auto Group is committed to providing the Best Customer Buying Experience and to solidify ourselves as the “Destination of Choice for Everything Auto” for employees and customers alike.
Humber Ford is seeking a Service Production Manager / Shop Foreman to join our team!
As an employee of Steele Auto Group, we always put you first. You can expect competitive compensation packages with flexible health and dental plans to match your needs. Our Employee and Family Assistance program offers a portfolio of healthcare services to keep you and your family healthy. As Atlantic Canadas Largest Automotive Dealer Group, we offer an industry-leading retirement savings plan with employer match and opportunities for growth and advancement to support our employees' futures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule the activities of service department shop workers and technicians
- Instruct coworkers on service best practices and policies and procedures
- Assist with the training of service employees in service methods and identify and correct potential work problems and health and safety issues
- Ensure quality of workmanship through verification of services and completion of shop maintenance and repair work
- Advise mechanics of work that must be completed
- Provide coaching and mentoring to apprentices
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Provide information for production plans to ensure that production objectives are met
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Manage the warranty process
- Review productivity and efficiency records of personnel on a regular basis
- Prepare production and develop and manage the operating budget for area of responsibility
- Act as a Service Technician as necessary
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an automotive career, including minimum 3 years of supervisory experience with demonstrated motivating, training, appraising, and general supervisory skills
- Red Seal Certification preferred
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Proven mechanical abilities in gas and diesel automotive repairs
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and customers
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite and DMS
- A high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Strong prioritization skills
- Must be able to push, pull and move equipment and/or supplies in excess of 50 pounds
Why Steele Auto?
- Full benefits package including virtual healthcare and mental health/wellness support programs
- Company match RRSP program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Competitive wages
- A safe, professional and dynamic work environment
Steele Auto Group is committed to providing the Best Customer Buying Experience and solidifying ourselves as the “Trusted Destination of Choice for Everything Auto” for employees and customers alike. If you want to work for an organization that values and rewards hard work, innovative thinking, and continuous improvement, please apply today; be sure to include your resume and cover letter.
Steele Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we commit to a fair, inclusive opportunity to apply. Diversity fuels our desire to be your trusted destination for everything auto. Our commitment to inclusion drives us forward every day. If selected for an interview, please advise us of any accommodations you may require throughout the recruitment process. To learn more about our company, culture and opportunities, please visit www.steeleauto.com