Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
· Stocks bar and completes other pre-opening requirements.
· Prepares and serves alcoholic beverages according to standard recipes.
· Skilled at slowing and refusing alcoholic beverage service when necessary.
· Complies with basic safety and sanitation requirements.
· Good organizational skills.
· Knowledge of club’s POS system or comparable POS system preferred.
· Knowledgeable of all aspects of department and club including events
· Ability to read and understand Banquet Event Orders (BEOs).
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
· Cleans bar and completes other pre-closing requirements.
· Assures that all provincial and local laws and club policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
· Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
· Prepare, pour and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
· Knowledge of wine presentation and service.
· Inspects the bar prior to opening to ensure that adequate supplies are available.
· Requests additional supplies as necessary and stocks the bar.
· Follows set-up procedures.
· Prepares garnishes, fruits mixes and pre-mixed drinks prior to opening bar.
· Greets members and guests.
· Mixes, prepares and serves drinks to members and guests and mixes and prepares drinks ordered by servers according to approved standard recipes.
· Collects checks and payments for drinks served.
· Reports complaints to a manager as they occur.
· Maintains and cleans bar area and equipment.
· Maintains records of liquors, beers and wine and ensures bar stock is maintained at all times.
· Cleans and locks the bar area according to prescribed closing procedures.
· Ensures that all food items are correctly stored, labeled, dated and rotated
· Attends staff meetings including pre-shift (line-up) sessions and training as required.
· Carefully follows all laws and club policies and procedures regarding alcoholic beverage service and informs manager if continued service to a member or guest is in question.
· Serves drinks to members and guests seated at lounge tables in the absence of a Server.
· Continually practices beverage and revenue control procedures.
· Thanks members and guests; invites them to return.
· Completes other appropriate work assignments as requested
Licenses and Special Requirements
· Smart Serve certification.
· Food safety certification.
· Of legal age to prepare and serve alcoholic beverages.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
· Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
· Continuous repetitive motions.
· Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 15-30 per week
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Amherstburg, ON N9V 3T4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- serving: 2 years (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person