Are you looking for an opportunity to…
- Leave a positive impact on the environment through progressive design?
- Work in a close-knit group of motivated professionals?
- Develop your critical thinking skills?
- Develop a career that provides a mix of local and global projects?
What makes us stand out?
Our tag line “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. In broad terms,we think KCB’s primary differentiators are:
What you would engage in:
- our global reputation for technical excellence
- our appetite to tackle problems with unique complexities
- our creative perspectives that come through diverse and inclusive teams
- our size, large enough to win intriguing projects, small enough to know you by name
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the Deskside Support Analyst's purpose is to ensure internal KCB users have working end-user devices (computers/peripherals/printers/phones) that they need to allow them to be as productive as possible in their jobs. If continuing your career journey with us, you would be part of our Information Technology Group, based out our Vancouver office. The role of Deskside Support Analyst requires a fulltime work from the office schedule and will provide you with the opportunity to:
What we require:
- Resolve tickets by taking ownership of the request and seeing it through to completion.
- Support both on-site and remote colleagues with installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting their devices and related hardware and software to deliver the required service levels.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex device problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Support the Lifecycle Management process by managing an asset inventory of hardware, including lifecycle, audit counts, purchasing, transferring, deployment, and configuration of inventoried equipment.
- Share your knowledge, identify and improving process deficiencies creating departmental improvements.
- Represent the team at various cross-functional meetings and/or projects; promote existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Support the team by performing other operational duties as required.
- This position will require on-call support, travel to KCB’s remote offices, and occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines or perform special projects.
We respect the knowledge and experience you have gained to date and are willing to help you build on it. We do however require the following qualifications:
- A degree or technical diploma or degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or elated discipline.
- At least three years of IT experience.
- Experience working with a service management system, preferably Manage Engine.
- Understanding of or willingness to learn a scripting language, preferably PowerShell.
- Demonstrated a high level of self-motivation with a strong desire to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills; Strong Documentation Skills
- Aptitude to understand and resolve complex issues, and excellent customer-service skills.
In addition to the must have requirements you will excel in the role if you have the following:
Along with continued career development, KCB offers:
- An ability to find creative solutions and know how to present them
- A willingness to go above and beyond with supporting clients and colleagues
- Demonstrate that you are flexible and seek solutions rather than focus on problems
The salary for this position is $60,000 to $80,000/year. Salary is based on applicable experience, education, and skill level. In addition to salary total rewards includes:
- Annual performance and salary review
- Vacation policy that aligns to your experience
- Paid OT, and sick days
- Flexible benefits, including RSP, social, and mental well-being initiatives
- Commitment to global ESG standards
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
To learn more about projects you could be a part of check out Projects - KCB (klohn.com) and our Careers page for more details.