BEETA International Education Group Inc. is a Vancouver-based professional education and consulting company specializing in educational services and academic tutoring and coaching. At BEETA, we provide our students and their families with the best service possible to help them achieve their dreams of studying in the top-tier independent schools and universities.
Why work with us?
· Work within an experienced and professional team.
· Gain editing experience and in-house training to bring your career to the next stage.
· Have stable hours and be paid competitive rates.
· Gain the potential to be a permanent staff with benefits in our growing industry.
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Term: Seasonal (September – November/December)
Working Hours: 10 to 20 hours a week or more, depending on your level of commitment and ability.
Work Location: Kerrisdale Vancouver and West Vancouver
- Strong English language proficiency is required, ideally English is your first language or you have attended schools where the subjects are delivered to students in English.
- BA or above is required.
- Editing experience is essential.
- Knowledge of the university application processes is essential.
- Knowledge of BC Independent Schools and their application process is an asset.
- Being creative and succinct with language is an asset.
- Experience with assisting students and/or families with university and/or independent school applications is a benefit.
- Collaborate and be part of an experienced team of Education Strategists, Consultants, and Advisors.
- Proofread and edit documents.
- Collect information to synthesize into individual client profiles.
- Research schools and universities for professional and client knowledge.
- Assist in the university and independent school application process through collaboration with our team and clients, while taking instructions from senior colleagues.
- Assist in interview training sessions for independent school/university applicants.
- Meet deadlines.
Additional expectations of our editors:
· Be able to work on a team
· Be dependable
· Be reliable
· Be able to inspire and draw out the best personal narratives and then capture them in writing.
- Be flexible and available during our editing season.
- Be integrous, specifically displayed by only submitting best work at time of deadlines.
*Competitive compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview and we ask that applicants be local, as our meetings occur in-person.
Job Type: Seasonal
Contract length: 4 months
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Editing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person