- Description:The Project Management Office (PMO) is a critical function of the Cross Carline & Project Engineering Team and is responsible for oversight of common process and methods used to achieve technical, quality, timing and cost targets.
The Planning Specialist is responsible for supporting the Platform and Project Planning Manager in the achievement of project timing, labor and investment objectives of the vehicle. Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Coordinate the general and detailed (by phase) scheduling of the project /program to ensure timing consistency in execution
• Create / Manage Bulletins and Bulletin responses
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create for governance decks of product action requests
• Facilitate PMT and Program Review
• Manage vehicle build plan and delivery to support vehicle validation requirements
• Manage the commercial launch plan (volumes and dates) with the Brand(s), the Plant(s) and the Purchasing Department
• Escalate issues and roadblocks promptly while driving issue resolution.
• Lead meetings, collect and monitor inputs for Engineering Research & Development spending and develop/monitor engineering resources per approved spending plan.
The Planning Specialist’s primary interface is with the Vehicle Project, Platform & Modules Teams Planning (QCTP) Manager and the Chief Project Engineer (CVE)
- Requirements:• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance or Business from an ABET accredited university. Other degree/educational credentials, in combination with relevant experience, may be considered.
• Minimum of 5 years automotive industry experience at an OEM or large tier 1 in any of the following areas: Product development engineering, program management, finance, accounting or quality
• Must be a highly motivated, detail oriented, and a self-directed process thinker
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong written and presentation skills are a must
• Advanced to expert skill level in using Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to interface with all levels of management
• Full Program Life-cycle Experience
• Organizations’ PDP understanding
• Launch Experience a plus
• Manufacturing process fundamentals understanding
• Ability to quickly learn use of proprietary organizations’ software.
• Advanced skills required in manipulating, interpreting, comparing, and overall analysis of large data sets/financials
Additional Information / Must Have's:(1) Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Finance, or Business from an ABET accredited university preferred). Other degree/education credentials, in combination with relevant experience, may be considered
(2) Highly motivated, detail oriented, self-directed process thinker
(3) Strong communication skills (advanced English) - written and presentation, with the ability to interface with all levels of management
(4) Strong MS Office skills (primarily PowerPoint and Excel)
(5) Project management and/or automotive experience – product development cycle and/or Stellantis processes preferredo Onsite/ Remote Hybrid - HybridNo Driving of a company vehicleAmount of travel, if so where: Depending on the project they are assigned and where that project is in the development cycle, they may need to travel to assembly plants and/or the Auburn Hills Tech Center for builds or special meetings. My intention is to assign this individual to a project planned for a Detroit Assembly Plant which is still early in its development cycle. This means for the next 2 years primary travel would be to the Auburn Hills Tech Center - approximately 0-10 times/month.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $43.00-$44.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person