Des Nedhe Group of Companies (owned 100% by the English River First Nation) is a well-established, progressive and diversified organization; industrious and committed to economic and business development. Drawing on our traditional values and entrepreneurial spirit, we deliver opportunities that benefit and forge new paths for our employees and community. Being one of the oldest Indigenous economic development corporations in Canada, we have holdings in the industrial, mining, nuclear, retail, property development and professional communication sectors.
We currently have exciting opportunity for a Recruiter for a defined term with possibility of extension. This position is located at our Saskatoon Head Office, 301-2555 Grasswood Rd. E.
Job Title: Recruiter.
Reports To: Director, Human Resources.
Job Summary: We are looking for an experienced, collaborative, self-motivated individual to join our HR services team in Saskatoon for a six-month term position with the possibility of an extension and offer of full-time employment. You must be able to demonstrate a strong client focus, provide excellent HR service to our clients and play an important role in helping us support and guide our group of companies.
The successful candidate will be skilled at full-cycle recruitment. Your scope will be throughout the Des Nedhe Group of Companies, with a focus on the timely sourcing and hiring of quality candidates through innovative recruitment strategies. You will be able to attract and retain the best and most effective talent that will uphold Des Nedhe’s corporate values and mission while ensuring we meet our business goals and, ultimately, deliver the best client experience.
- Be a self-starter, accountable and extremely organized. This position works in a very fast-paced environment, running several competitions simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in full-cycle recruitment activities from workforce intake requirements and approval, posting advertisements, screening, interviewing, checking, offering, and onboarding successful candidates.
- Develop and utilize screening questions, uses screening tools and techniques to assess and analyze applicant skills and abilities and fit.
- Exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills, with a strong client support focus. Effective communicator with a proven ability to solicit information required to perform while building and maintaining strong relationships to ensure staffing goals are met.
- Coordinates the assessment and interview process using competency-based skill testing, behavioral interview questions and other appropriate assessment tools.
- Ensures the interview process and candidate selection are consistent, relevant, and fair.
- Maintains close contact with Hiring Managers throughout the entire recruitment process, guides the competitive process, and ensures selection decision and hiring terms comply with organizational, project or collective agreement requirements.
- Prepare and post jobs to appropriate mediums such as social media, newspapers/colleges/First Nations.
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications.
- Conduct interviews using various personnel selection methods to filter candidates.
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes.
- Onboard new employees to become fully integrated.
- Provides and manages employment offers and information to successful candidates. Track, manage and enter appropriate employee data into HRMS system.
- Coordinate and manage pre-employment requirements based on the competition.
- Support the new hire, employment changes, and terminations process by processing and distributing documentation as required.
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements.
- Comply with provincial and federal legislation.
- Although the recruiter will work very collaboratively with other HR team members, they must also be able to work independently, display good initiative, be self-aware and have excellent time management skills.
- Be adaptable and implement human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, training and development and labour relations.
- Provide analytical and well documented reports to the rest of our team.
- +5 years of relevant and related full-cycle recruitment experience; previous recruiting experience in Construction and Mining Environment, a requirement.
- Certificate, Diploma or bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field (or working towards one).
- Familiarity with HR databases and applicant tracking systems such as Criterion or StartDate would be an asset.
- Ability to liaise and coordinate with union halls on employee dispatch processes.
- Ability to travel. Site trips by road or air will be required.
- HR Generalist welcome to apply – previous experience an asset
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with HR databases, applicant tracking systems, and candidate management systems considered an asset.
- Proactive nature and ability to navigate ambiguous or changing environments while meeting client staffing demands on short notice.
- Strong coordination, time management and organizational skills.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Please apply through the Des Nedhe website at https://desnedhe.com/contact/careers/. Des Nedhe Group relies on Section 48 and of the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment opportunities to qualified candidates. Applicants from Indigenous communities who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify. As a diverse and inclusive employer, we encourage all qualified and interested candidates apply by October 12, 2023. This is a term position starting as soon as possible.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for interview are contacted.