Leadership & Development
- Provide leadership over the recruitment and campus tours office.
- Act on behalf of the Director and provide support and leadership to other staff in Recruitment & Admissions as needed.
- Hire, train and supervise the work of permanent recruiters and counsellors, as well as contract and student staff.
- Ensure that all recruitment staff and student workers have thorough familiarity with all campuses; are well versed in all academic programs, policies, and procedures, including admissions requirements; and that all are trained in working with needs of diverse populations. Provide the necessary training for any non-recruitment staff and faculty participating in recruitment activities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of staff and student training programs that establish strong team dynamics and set highest standards for skills in making dynamic presentations, customer service and health and safety.
- Create leadership opportunities for recruitment staff ensuring that each member of the team has core projects and areas of responsibility in addition to general recruiting.
- Demonstrate and develop within the team appropriate networking and relationship strategies for connecting with key audiences.
- Represent our brand and promote this brand in the Student Recruitment market via a number of marketing and business development methods.
- Network with agents and partners to generate interest amongst the student population market.
- You will be tasked to explore emerging and innovative ways of developing new revenue streams as well as maintaining the traditional and proven methods of success.
- Travel, attend and host at industry leading events and be part of a business who has a proven track record of success within student recruitment.
- · Responsible for contributing to the development of UMC’s international student recruitment and business development strategies and the oversight and successful execution of these strategies.
- Responsible for establishing efficient and regulatory compliant systems and policies that support international recruitment.
- The responsibilities include the management of international agents or other partners who contribute to the success of international student recruitment initiatives as well as developing and deploying a robust reporting system on weekly activities.
- Develop dynamic sales and marketing strategies focused on developing new recruitment channels and growing our existing recruitment channels. Strive to achieve and exceed set targets.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of existing and emerging markets– Place value on knowing key aspects of emerging markets. Recognize the importance of in-depth knowledge for creating solutions that result in growth, diversity, and strong partnerships with recruitment agencies.
- Manage the overall recruitment budget and new enrollment numbers and ensure the recruitment mix to support both the direct and agent channels.
- 3+ year’s experience of student recruitment in secondary or post-secondary education institutions, with proven track of program marketing and meeting student enrolment targets
- Willing to travel locally and internationally
- University degree
- Strong business acumen with creativity and effective problem solving
- Self-motivated and quick learner who takes initiative
- Proficient skills and experience working with various stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English (second language is an asset)
- Ability to manage staff while at the same time working independently on multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M4P 1E8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person