Position: Pipefitter Journeyperson - CNRL Albian Outage
Project Type: JPM Fall Outage
Project Location: CNRL Albian
Shift: Day or Night available
Schedule: Approx 10 Days Straight Through
Hours: 12.5 hours (1 paid, 1 unpaid break), OT after 8 or over 40
Travel Details: Fly In, Fly Out - Calgary or Edmonton Charter Flight Hubs
Allied Partner: Heartland Constructors Inc.
Reference Number: 24396
Jardeg is recruiting Pipefitter Journeypersons to join the Heartland Constructors Inc. team at the CNRL Albian site near Fort McMurray, Alberta for the JPM Fall Outage.
Come be a part of an outstanding team working with industry leaders who have been executing work at the Albian site for over a decade. This is a temporary role commencing October 9th, 2023.
**Required safety tickets and certain weld test costs (if applicable) will be covered.**
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Collaborate effectively within a team environment, embracing training and mentorship opportunities while working cohesively
- Execute scheduled routine maintenance and respond promptly to unscheduled maintenance requests, ensuring seamless operations
- Proficiently install, inspect, and repair piping systems, adhering to the highest industry standards and safety protocols
- Expertly interpret technical drawings, blueprints, and schematics to ensure accurate and precise piping installations
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of various pipe materials, fittings, and joining techniques to ensure optimal performance
- Skillfully navigate different welding and joining processes to create robust and leak-free connections
- Expertly align and anchor piping systems, ensuring proper support and stability within the given environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in testing and inspecting piping systems for leaks and proper functionality
- Utilize cutting, threading, grooving, and bending equipment to fabricate pipes according to project requirements
- Hydrotest and install fabricated pipe spools within structural steel modular assemblies, adding designed supports as required
- Skillfully use testing equipment to check for system leaks and troubleshoot fitting errors effectively
- Maintain all tools, work areas, and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion
- Read and interpret construction fabrication drawings and specifications, ensuring accurate implementation
- Red-line update drawings to an as-built condition, maintaining accurate records of modifications
- Adhere strictly to company and client policies and procedures, including ISO 9001-2000 requirements
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to ensure project success and compliance with standards
- Actively participate in continuous training programs to enhance skills and stay current with industry advancements
- Be proficient in blinding and de – blinding operations
- Possession of a Journeyperson certification in pipefitting, recognized by Alberta's Red Seal or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience as a pipefitter in the oil and gas industry, showcasing expertise in piping installations and maintenance
- Strong understanding of safety protocols and regulations within the oil and gas industry
- Excellent problem-solving skills, enabling the resolution of complex piping issues
- Physical fitness and capability to operate in challenging environments
Common Safety Orientation (CSO) or CSTS-09
- Energy Safety Canada Certified Confined Space Entry & Monitor
- Energy Safety Canada Certified Fall Arrest and/or Fall Protection
- Basic Rigging Certification
- Valid Government Issued Identification
Diversity and inclusion are core values in our workforce. Submit your application, highlighting relevant experience and suitability for the role. While all applications are appreciated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
COME AND GET YOUR BOOTS DIRTY
With a significant presence in the construction, industrial maintenance, and turnaround sectors, Jardeg is the largest recruiter of skilled trades in Canada. Annually, we support approximately 10 million hours of work and provide recruitment services for 10,000+ people.
If you’re a tradesperson working in Canada, our position across commercial, infrastructure, and industrial construction, plus maintenance and turnarounds means we have more than just a job for you. We have a lifetime of work.