Lethbridge School Division has openings for administrative support substitutes available immediately. We are hiring primarily for our substitute list; however, specific positions may be available.
Lethbridge School Division embraces diversity and functions in a dynamic, innovative, and fast paced environment. To help support student success, we are looking for flexible, empathetic, optimistic, and patient individuals to work as part of a dynamic team on a casual basis within our schools and Division offices. The Administrative Support Substitute will perform a variety of clerical tasks in support of school office operations, maintaining various school and student records, operating standard office and school equipment and assisting in organizing school events and activities.
This position will require considerable contact with staff, students and parents, providing assistance, responding to routine inquiries and requests for information. In addition, the Administrative Support Substitute will receive and direct callers both by phone and in person.
What will you work?
Administrative Support Substitutes work on an on-call basis; therefore, hours are not guaranteed.
Hours will vary between 0 - 35 hours Monday to Friday dependent on Division needs.
We are looking for experience in performing
- General reception supports.
- General administrative support to school administration.
- Provide administrative support for school events.
- School publications and programs - editing, desktop publishing and supporting administration in planning.
- The successful candidate must possess outstanding abilities to work within a team environment, as well as to efficiently multi-task in a very busy office.
- The successful candidate will be part of a community orientated environment where they; appreciate each other's company and value the need for humour, kindness, and compassion in collegial relationships. Inclusively minded, understand the nature of systemic marginalization, and will creatively support all students.
**Candidates may be tested for computer proficiency
Please note that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted regarding an interview.
Education and Experience Required:
- Post-secondary diploma in office/business administration with some related experience.
- Proof of Grade 12 or General Educational Development (GED). If you have obtained your education outside of Canada, the Division will require a copy of your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) or International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) confirming high school or post secondary equivalencies.
- Combination of education and experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School Division who are offered employment must provide:
- A police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment that does not have any charges or convictions.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s license, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name. If valid Social Insurance documentation in the current legal name can not be provided, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a new one within three days of hire.
Administrative Support Substitute's earn $21.56 per hour
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Enjoy having evenings, weekends & school holidays off!
Make a difference in a child's life!