Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers?
Dispatchers are responsible for the daily management of coordinating deliveries in their area. This includes communicating and working with members of our fleet, sales team, and back-end operations team to provide exceptional service to our customers. This position is for our Kent store located at – 55 Trinity Drive, Moncton NB.
What will you do:
- Communicate daily via phone, radio, and emails with an assigned fleet of drivers to ensure proper load instructions are passed along and carried out.
- Work with sales team to co-ordinate customer’s delivery requests.
- Plan loads/runs to ensure the best time efficiency and load factor.
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance.
- Assist other dispatch/shipping staff as required during spikes in workload.
- Troubleshoot delivery problems.
- Process paperwork according to company shipping procedures.
What you will bring:
- Manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- High detail and well organized.
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to learn.
- Work well with minimal supervision, under pressure, and within time constraints in a busy environment.
- Excellent people skills.
What we offer:
- A safe work environment
- Wellness program
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Employee discount
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP contribution
- Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, [email protected]
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you do not meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Moncton, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person