Alberici is searching for a Safety Coordinator is responsible for providing guidance and technical support to the field staff. In this role, you will administer site-specific requirements of the SafeRing Program, by the laws and regulations. You will act as a liaison and a safety resource for the site team and support project sites by monitoring and ensuring that the employees are practicing the policies and procedures of Alberici’s SafeRing Program/Safety Manual.
This position is project site based supporting a variety of markets including water/wastewater, automotive and heavy industrial within the Greater Toronto Area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, however, other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers, orientates and assists the Foreperson to ensure safety policies and procedures are practiced following the SafeRing Program
- Conducts new hire safety orientation outlining the SafeRing Program, safety requirements/expectations on the project site, as well as the client’s safety policies and procedures
- Prepares, coordinates and conducts training on health, safety and environmental related topics to protect, improve and maintain the employees’ and the project sites performance, as well as complying with legislative requirements
- Works closely with Project Managers and Superintendents to provide a clean, safe, secure and hazard free project site in compliance with the Alberici policies & procedures, as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Conducts random and scheduled project site inspections, communicates findings to ensure workplace safety and routinely audits on-site safety compliance
- Assists supervisors in properly investigating and documenting all incidents/accidents and injuries, as well as ensuring a system is kept in place with proper documentation
- Supports the Director, Project Services in meeting the health and safety requirements outlined in the SafeRing Program
- Coordinates and maintains workplace plans, such as emergency evacuations, fire emergency, traffic controls, etc.
- Communicates information on identified hazards, precautions and required corrective actions throughout the project site, as necessary
- Establishes and interfaces with on-site relationships with clients', subcontractors and suppliers
- Provides guidance and expertise to field staff on health and safety issues, as well as provides consultative advice to the project sites for continuous improvement
- Keeps proper records and documents related to safety in good condition and current as per legislative requirements
- Stays abreast with current health and safety knowledge, trends, laws and regulations
- Maintains Material Safety Data Sheets
- Distributes safety material, supplies and equipment
- Available for overtime as required by current department demand, including weekday evenings, weekends, and holidays
Education, Experience and Skills
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Health & Safety, Labour Relations, Engineering, or Construction Management related field with 3 - 5 years of experience, ideally in the construction industry. Thorough understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as other safety related laws and regulations, are necessary to apply the rules within the organization.
- CRSP Preferred
- First Aid certified
- JHSC certified member an asset
Please note that work from home and hybrid work models are typically not possible with this type of position as it requires on site project support. #LI-Onsite
*Accommodations will be made upon request throughout the recruitment process.*
*We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.*