Rendan Fabricators Ltd., part of the AGF Group, specializes in reinforcing steel in Nova Scotia. Founded in 1948, the AGF Group has grown over the years, through acquisitions, partnerships and the creation of new companies. Today, the AGF Group is made of more than 25 business units located in Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, France, West Indies, Peru, Ecuador and India.
Reporting to the Divisional Controller, the Controller, based in Dartmouth, NS, has the overall financial responsibilities of our manufacturing and construction operations in Nova Scotia.
- Manage the division’s finances
- Prepare month and year end financial statements
- Develop, prepare and analyze various financial reports quarterly
- Prepare, review and forecast yearly budget
- Project Accounting and estimate projects costs
- Analyze results, projects costs and inventory costs
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable (including invoicing and collection)
- Record month-end entries and supervise monthly closing
- Prepare Financial and KPI’s Dashboard
- Manage the accounts payable clerk
- Bank reconciliations
What's in it for you:
- Complete range of social benefits including RRSP;
- Dynamic and friendly work environment in a constantly growing industry;
- Corporate discounts (ski resorts, golf, car rentals, furniture stores, etc.);
- Physical activity reimbursement program;
- Bachelor‘s Degree in accounting or business administration with a major in accounting;
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a similar role;
- CA or CGA certification;
- Experience in an environment where it is project based (manufacturing, construction, a strong asset)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Strong capacity for teamwork and leadership skills;
At AGF we see some more than just a resume, we see more than just the working experience, it’s the person that counts. It’s you who makes the role and our organization successful. Do you have a leadership mindset? Do you seize opportunities and do you have an amazing team spirit ? Then you are the one we are looking for! Apply now!
The AGF Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, visible minorities and women. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.