Why Join our Team? You will be joining a diverse, inclusive, and passionate team of employees who are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the lives of the individuals we support. We offer:
- On-going learning and career development opportunities.
- Membership in a matching RRSP program.
- Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Free Parking.
- Friendly, respectful, supportive, and inclusive work environment.
- $26.20 per hour to start.
Innovative Community Support Services (ICSS) is a non-profit charitable organization that is committed to creating and providing families & individuals with innovative, high quality and cost-effective community-based programs and services that promote a strong sense of wellbeing while making a positive contribution to our culturally diversified community.
The Community Support Worker provides person-centered and flexible supports to individuals in community programming. The Community Participation Worker works directly with individuals with a developmental disability, physical disability, challenging behaviours and/or a dual diagnosis in helping set goals and making healthy life choices. The Community Participation Worker works closely with the Community Participation Supervisor, the team, and individuals to lead, observe, plan and implement programs and activities that promote learning and development in daily living, recreational, social and life skills.
Shifts consist of a scheduled rotation with mainly 8-hour shifts, including mostly days. However, ICSS cannot guarantee worker may never have to work weekends and/or evenings based on support needs in future.
Main work location is in Orleans, but clients are throughout the area. This position requires you transport clients regularly using ICSS vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and promote the rights and responsibilities of the individuals. Empower and treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
- Work independently or within a team to prioritize and complete shift requirements while still meeting the individual’s needs.
- Provide support to individuals by carrying out duties and following their support plans, considering their choices, needs, and actively involving them.
- Identify social, economic, recreational, physical, vocational, and educational services in the community that will meet the individual’s needs. Provide support guidance and instruction to facilitate participation.
- Participate in assessment, goal setting, and program planning for the individual. Efficiently plan and maintain a caseload of assigned individuals.
- Perform delegated tasks as directed by professionals, such as administering medications and completing range of motion according to medical professional’s instructions within established agency Policies and Procedures and Individual Support Plans.
- Provide support in areas of personal hygiene while maintaining the individual’s dignity and respect.
- Follow individual’s prescribed transfer and lift procedures.
- Ensure completion of administrative work.
- Develop and maintain respectful and positive cooperative working relationships to contribute to the integrated, seamless delivery of services from ICSS, including individuals, staff, families, community partners, etc.
- Ensure communication is respectful, objective and unbiased.
- DSW, PSW, or relevant education and experience in the field.
- Experience with individualized plans.
- Cooking and cleaning skills (for some positions).
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to set priorities to manage time within deadlines.
- Ability to follow direction and work as a member of a team.
- Reliable, responsible and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and support new and unacquainted individuals with minimal information.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Conditions of Employment
- Possess a valid driver’s licence.
- Access to personal vehicle for work purposes (if applicable).
- Possess a driver’s abstract with less than four minor convictions and no serious convictions.
- Possess valid vehicle insurance.
- Must provide a clean Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
- Must provide a valid First Aid/CPR Level C certificate.
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the agency.
Please include your resume as well as a cover letter outlining your accomplishments and indicating why you would be suitable for this position. We thank all candidates applying. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Please check your junk or spam folders regularly as interview requests will be sent via email.
ICSS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $26.20 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Health and safety measures in place with respect to COVID-19.
- Support worker: 1 year (required)
- Driver's Licence (required)
- First Aid Certification (required)
- CPR Certification (required)
Work Location: In person