Refrigerative Supply Limited is a family business owned by Alison Hamilton and Linda Gibbs. The business was founded by Peter Gibbs' and Alison Hamilton's parents, Jack and Elizabeth Gibbs. In 1949 they acquired the four-year-old Vancouver branch of an American-based company. From this modest beginning, the Company now has a Head Office in Burnaby, Nineteen Branches, and Four Distribution Centers spread across Western Canada. We are committed to remaining a family business and are proud to have the third generation working in the business. The company's mantra is to ‘inspire excellence and trust’ by providing creative solutions and unrivaled experiences, in-store and online, that make RSL the choice for customers, suppliers, and employees at every location. For more information, please visit: www.rsl.ca
Our purpose is to provide the highest quality HVAC and Refrigeration experience in Canada.
To be the environment that inspires excellence and trust within our community.
Gracious, Collaborative, Courageous, Innovative, Community Focused, and Exceptional Experience
Scope of the position
The Summer Warehouse Associate performs warehouse duties and functions to support inventory integrity, order processing – picking, packing, staging, shipping, and general maintenance and housekeeping duties to ensure a safe, clean, and orderly work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately receives and effectively puts away products to utilize time efficiently.
- Receives product from branch transfers to fulfill customer orders.
- Receives products, processes customer backorders and branch stock replenishment in order to have products available for sale.
- Accurately picks and prepares shipping orders to meet shipping cutoff times and processes orders according to all regulatory standards.
- Replenishes and maintains showroom stock to create an appealing well-stocked environment for customers.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed (sweeping, dusting, and mopping).
- Supports customer service by assisting customers in picking up and loading products.
- Actively participates in all regulatory training and other company training initiatives.
- Participates in annual inventory.
Skills and Qualifications
- This is an ideal position for a University or College Student that is looking for Summer Employment from June through September.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Is open to feedback and takes responsibility for personal development.
- This position utilizes both manual and power material handling equipment to perform job functions, such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc. Employees in this position must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and heavier loads with assistance; the majority of time is spent standing and walking. You must have the ability to climb, bend, squat, reach, grasp, and lift.
- Must have flexibility in their work schedule as they may be asked to work an occasional Saturday.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Works easily with others in a high-paced work environment.
- Be energetic and self-motivated.
- Maintain a business-like manner at all times.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills.