National Maintenance Manager (Mississauga, ON)
Location: 1880 Britannia Road East
Reports to: President, Canadian Region
Job Status: Full-time
Take your career to new heights and join TIP Group, a top equipment service provider in Canada and Europe! Our trailer leasing, rental, maintenance, and repair services, keep transportation and logistics moving smoothly. Our global reach connects industries and economies.
As Canada’s National Maintenance Leader, you will play a crucial role in preserving the company's fleet, upholding safety standards, and actively contributing to the organization's overall success by continuously enhancing maintenance procedures and operations.
As a champion of our TIP 2025 Strategy; you will ensure our fleet is in-service and ready for lease and rental. Additionally, you will identify areas for improvement in safety, people development, service, revenue generation and expense reduction.
As the National Maintenance Manager, you’ll be responsible for the following:
Maintenance Strategy: Develop and execute workshop strategies and goals, collaborating with the Finance team in the budgeting and reporting process. Establish effective communication channels for maintenance practices across all regions.
Development Planning: Partner with the Canadian Leadership Team to create and implement regional workshop strategies and investment programs. Monitor workshop performance and customer service metrics. Identify and drive process improvements, working closely with our IT team.
KPI Management: Monitor business performance objectives and ensure optimal workshop operations. Lead maintenance KPIs and take proactive measures to achieve targets.
Audit and Improvement: Conduct workshop audits and KPI reviews to drive continuous improvement through coaching and development.
Customer Excellence: Evaluate and manage maintenance vendor relationships to minimize costs and maintain service standards. Oversee vendor relationships for outsourced workshops.
Compliance: Monitor work plan audits, EHS compliance, legal, and asset compliance. Implement actions to meet compliance targets.
Workshop Excellence: Manage maintenance growth, capacity planning, and staffing levels. Develop and implement a workshop excellence framework, fostering the sharing of best practices. Monitor manufacturer’s warranty and standardize workshop tooling and equipment.
Repair Standards: Review and adjust repair times through quality audits. Monitor quality re-inspections and part stock levels.
To be successful you’ll need to have the following skills and abilities:
- 10+ years of maintenance and workshop management experience, with a minimum of 5 years in leadership roles
- Strong operational and analytical skills, including the ability to provide guidance and coaching
- Demonstrated influencer, with a talent for motivating, engaging and actively promoting new ideas and approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong presentation skills
- Experience converting strategic objectives and business priorities into practical, executable business plans.
- Extensive knowledge of the transport industry, trailers, and components
- A self-starter able to approach challenges with flexibility and resourcefulness
- Strong communication skills French Speaking is an asset
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Willing and able to travel 25-30% of the time; nationally and internationally
TIP Group believe in rewarding our employees for their exceptional skills and dedication. We provide above average pay rates with great benefits and opportunities for growth and development.
We are part of the TIP Group of Companies - https://www.tip-group.com/en-ca. All applications will be reviewed carefully by our team. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TIP Fleet Services Canada Ltd. supports diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L4W 1J3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- maintenance and workshop management: 10 years (required)
- Canadian French (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person