The primary purpose of this position is to perform the required and necessary tasks in the welding process and fabrication of material for the mounting, installing and assembly of truck mounted systems, including but not limited to, hydraulics, driveline and snow and ice control systems. The position of Welder includes, but is not limited to production welding, service & repair welding, prototype building, and fitter welding. Responsibilities will include the fabrication of custom prototypes from supplied drawings, fabrication of custom jigs and fixtures to produce production parts that meet customer specifications, as well as the fabrication of metal structures using jigs and fixtures.
The use of various hand tools, machinery and equipment will be required to manufacture metal products. This position will work with Supervisors and Lead Hands to ensure continuous improvements in work cells, hitting quotas, welding according to pre-set parameters using MIG, ARC and TIG welding processes.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW).
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits.
- Assist in training, directing & supervision of junior employees and apprentices, inspecting and certifying their work.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Keep detailed and accurate reports and documentation.
Qualifications – Licensing / Educational Requirements
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience as a Welder.
- Interprovincial Red Seal or CWB tickets is an asset
- Valid welding certification, Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), certified in all positions.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure and strong attention to detail.
Drive Products provides competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package as well as various opportunities to build on your skills.
To join our team, please forward your resume and quote the position you are applying for in the subject line.
While we appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2Z 4V3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Welding: 2 years (preferred)
- welding cert, (GMAW), (SMAW) (preferred)
Work Location: In person