CBI Health is Canada’s leading community healthcare provider, and our passionate team is at the heart of what we do. Every day, our 13,000 staff make a meaningful difference in our clients’ lives as we live the core values that define us: heart, respect, reliability, teamwork and innovation. Along with mentoring and continuous learning opportunities to help advance your career, we are building a culture of inspiration, recognition and celebration for the meaningful work our team does every day, all across the country. Join the new CBI Health and find where your better begins.
About this opportunity
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for day to day payroll processing for a multiple location-based business with a centralized payroll consisting of both hourly and salaried employees. This role will interface with internal departments and regional and location administrators. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the payroll input and maintaining documentation according to company and legislative requirements. Integrity and strong attention to detail are crucial for this role.
Take an inside look at what you’ll do each day:
- Assist in preparing and administering payroll for employees by inputting payroll data accurately in the human capital management system including new hire information, terminations, and payroll changes on a regular basis. Audit payroll processing reports for accuracy and make adjustments as required.
- Process hourly, salary and other payroll related payments accurately using payroll software on a semi-monthly and bi-weekly basis. Produce monthly and as needed journal entries .
- Respond to all inquiries and resolve issues related to the payroll input and provide information to location administrators as required.
- Implement salary increases, bonuses, etc., in accordance with company policies and processes. Produce gross to net calculations for manual payments.
- Enter into payroll software, additional changes such as vacation, manual adjustments and check for accuracy prior to submitting payroll for review.
- Ensure Record of Employment forms are issued for separations of employment.
- Comply with requirements as set out by outside entities, such as Employment Standards, Canada Revenue Agency (T4’s, CPP, etc), Worker’s Compensation and Statistics Canada in their respective payrolls & provinces.
- Provide on-going technical support to employees using the company’s Human Capital Management System.
- Discreetly handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Payroll, Human Resources or related field
- Canadian payroll certification or equivalent
- Minimum 2 year of payroll experience in a high paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Knowledge of legal and/or payroll/taxation guidelines surrounding benefits and retirement savings plans, including taxable benefits, tax deductions, etc
- Previous experience administering disability benefits and leave of absences
- Knowledge of legal and/or payroll/taxation guidelines related to payroll
What CBI Health offers you
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits and rewards package, including group health, dental and vision benefits, paid 100% by the employer
- Hybrid working environment
- Supports work-life balance and focus on quality of life
For millions of Canadians, CBI Health is where better begins. We are Canada’s leading community healthcare provider, reliably delivering innovative rehabilitation and home care programs that help our clients achieve their health goals. With 250+ locations and supporting more than 800 communities, people are at the heart of what we do. Every day, all across the country, our 13,000 staff work together to make a meaningful difference in our clients’ lives and help shape healthcare for the better. Learn more at cbihealth.ca.
CBI Health is proud to be recognized by Deloitte as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the 15th year in a row. A huge thank you to all our team members, whose dedication, passion, and innovation have enabled us to achieve this recognition year after year.
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different.